Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dan323
    • By Dan323 19th May 17, 7:32 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dan323
    Popla rejected my case against high view, what now??
    • 19th May 17, 7:32 PM
    Popla rejected my case against high view, what now?? 19th May 17 at 7:32 PM
    Hi all, looking for any advice regarding my parking ticket issued by highview parking that has been rejected by popla.

Was visiting a pets at home store and was completely unaware it was "pay to park" and completely oblivious to any terms and conditions. Appealed with popla on grounds of inadequate and lacking number of signage, this probably wasn't the best grounds to appeal against however do I now have any options other than paying the £140 they now demand or risk the case going to court?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 19th May 17, 7:47 PM
    • 1,957 Posts
    • 2,335 Thanks
    waamo
    • 19th May 17, 7:47 PM
    • 19th May 17, 7:47 PM
    They don't do court. All they do is send scary letters. This could change in future but I would ignore anything but court papers.

You can read about them here http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Highview_Parking.html
    This space for hire.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 19th May 17, 8:00 PM
    • 15,219 Posts
    • 19,183 Thanks
    Redx
    • 19th May 17, 8:00 PM
    • 19th May 17, 8:00 PM
    however do I now have any options other than paying the £140 they now demand or risk the case going to court?
    Originally posted by Dan323
    yes , IGNORE

for 6 years unless an LBC or an MCOL come in the post

and complain to the landholder and get it cancelled , that option is your BEST OPTION

(you should have done this already)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th May 17, 8:10 PM
    • 49,054 Posts
    • 62,523 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th May 17, 8:10 PM
    • 19th May 17, 8:10 PM
    It's only Highview! No-one pays them and you missed the 2 hour cancellation challenge game:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72508765#post72508765

Simply saying 'no keeper liability' would have killed it dead. Now ignore them and have a laugh at the Prankster's fun & games he had with them:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72139573#post72139573

Stop taking them seriously. You missed how to appeal & win the same day, so ignore them. They don't do court.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,494Posts Today

7,891Users online

Martin's Twitter