Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • huhmd
    • By huhmd 19th May 17, 7:08 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 2Thanks
    huhmd
    I missed the appeal deadline.... what next please?
    • 19th May 17, 7:08 PM
    I missed the appeal deadline.... what next please? 19th May 17 at 7:08 PM
    Hi,

I have read through the forums but can't see the question I want answered, so apologies in advance if I've missed it! I received a Notice to Keeper from TNC, claiming that I owe £100. I was not the driver of the vehicle but am the keeper. The notice gives a parking charge date and time but not a 'period' of parking and the location is given as the street name only, no city name given - so not entirely obvious where it was, except that the parking company name and address is local. It transpires that the car had been parked in a 'named space' with the permission of a permit holder, but not displaying a permit. The signs in the car park state that a permit MUST be displayed. Not knowing that at the time I received the notice - and with unclear details - I assumed it was a scam and ignored it. I have now received an outstanding parking charge notice, with an additional admin fee of £79. The car park was virtually empty, so there was no inconvenience caused to others, and I don't feel inclined to pay up on what I see (on a Sunday morning) as being a money making scam. And the NTK is dated more than 56 days after the date of the PCN - by about 10 days. I am not prepared to disclose the name of the driver. I now know that I should have appealed to the parking company when I received the NTK but I didn't. Do I have any grounds to appeal now or do I have to grit my teeth and pay up? TNC called today and we had a very short conversation where I said I was not the driver so not prepared to pay, he explained that I no option and then said he would pass it on - I assume to debt collectors - and put the phone down! So, all advice gratefully received!! Thank you!
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 19th May 17, 7:11 PM
    • 14,424 Posts
    • 18,004 Thanks
    Redx
    • 19th May 17, 7:11 PM
    • 19th May 17, 7:11 PM
    neither

and you DO have an option

you IGNORE unless you get an LBC or an MCOL in the post

the NEWBIES sticky thread tells you what to do when its at debt collector stage (impasse)

the fact it was almost empty is irrelevant , its private land and there was no permission to park (like there isnt on my vacant driveway when I go out later)

ps:- who was the PPC ?
    Last edited by Redx; 19-05-2017 at 7:16 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th May 17, 8:04 PM
    • 46,935 Posts
    • 60,277 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th May 17, 8:04 PM
    • 19th May 17, 8:04 PM
    I assumed it was a scam and ignored it. I have now received an outstanding parking charge notice, with an additional admin fee of £79.
    Never, ever speak to a debt collector on the phone and do not pay.

Just ignore them (how on earth did they get your number, no-one rings chancers like that surely, maybe they found your number online).

Come back if you get a claim, these are defendable and I can't recall one lost where we have assisted from start to finish with a defence. As Redx says, which parking thug firm is bothering you?
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• huhmd
    • By huhmd 19th May 17, 9:04 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    huhmd
    • 19th May 17, 9:04 PM
    Thanks!
    • 19th May 17, 9:04 PM
    Thank you for the instant response! The parking company is Autosec. The NTK came from TNC, and it was TNC who called. I've read a few more strings since I posted and was considering appealing late to Autosec, but only to get a POPLA number to be able to challenge the validity of the NTK . Since the signs state that permits are required to be displayed an appeal would not be successful! And you're quite right about private land, but it still feels like I'm being fleeced! From your replies though, I'm better to do nothing and hope they don't take it any further. If they do, I'll come back to you. I'm assuming they got my number from BT online or similar - they called and asked to speak to me by name. Another lesson - find out who's calling before I confirm it's me! Thanks again - really appreciate your help!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th May 17, 9:16 PM
    • 13,142 Posts
    • 20,527 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 19th May 17, 9:16 PM
    • 19th May 17, 9:16 PM
    Know your enemy.

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203573182-Autosecurity-Ltd

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Autosecurity.html

Just ignore them. Little prospect of any further action other than irritating debt collector letters.

Just as an aside, while you do suggest it might be too late to appeal - what was the date of the parking 'infringement'? On what date did you receive the first communication about the parking charge?
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 19-05-2017 at 9:18 PM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • huhmd
    • By huhmd 19th May 17, 10:19 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    huhmd
    • 19th May 17, 10:19 PM
    • 19th May 17, 10:19 PM
    The 'infringement' occurred on the 5th Feb and the NTK letter is dated the 14th April and arrived on the 18th. The appeal window is stated as being 28 days from the 14th April. The 'Outstanding Parking Charge Notice' is dated 13th May, so the day after the appeal window closed. By my calculations, there are more than 56 days between the 5th Feb and the 14th April?

I'm reassured having looked up the company history, so thank you for the links. I assume that TNC will only take it to a court hearing if Autosec instruct them to and aren't likely to have 'bought' the case? Knowing the right enemy would be useful!

Appreciate you being the champions of the parking world! I went to talk to Citizens Advice today - whilst they tried to be helpful, I've found a lot more help on this forum.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th May 17, 10:20 PM
    • 46,935 Posts
    • 60,277 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th May 17, 10:20 PM
    • 19th May 17, 10:20 PM
    TNC are only debt collectors. They can't litigate and have certainly not purchased the ''debt''.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• waamo
    • By waamo 19th May 17, 10:39 PM
    • 1,528 Posts
    • 1,746 Thanks
    waamo
    • 19th May 17, 10:39 PM
    • 19th May 17, 10:39 PM
    This company is run by a real scumbag who racially abused someone. I wouldn't pay them come what may.

http://m.hulldailymail.co.uk/hull-mp-raises-del-grosso-conviction-concerns/story-18088447-detail/story.html
    This space for hire.
    • huhmd
    • By huhmd 19th May 17, 10:51 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    huhmd
    • 19th May 17, 10:51 PM
    • 19th May 17, 10:51 PM
    I've searched for Autosec in other threads...found plenty of examples similar to mine and lots of advice given previously. Definitely not paying up! Thanks.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 19th May 17, 11:14 PM
    • 6,956 Posts
    • 6,969 Thanks
    pappa golf
    autisec have cjust been given a &*llocing by the BPA , so have TNC , because of the actions of TNC (and others) plans are in force to lower the time limit a "debt collector" can take to get info from the DVLA , note your letter , is it TNC debt collection or TNC parking , or even another made up thing , upon checking with the DVLA , you will see that they tell lies a lot , Don,t pay up , or even contact them

And the NTK is dated more than 56 days after the date of the PCN - by about 10 days.

upto there usual tricks again
    Last edited by pappa golf; 19-05-2017 at 11:19 PM.
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

164Posts Today

1,063Users online

Martin's Twitter