Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thesurveyor
    • By thesurveyor 19th May 17, 4:46 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 5Thanks
    thesurveyor
    Advise needed
    • #1
    • 19th May 17, 4:46 PM
    Advise needed 19th May 17 at 4:46 PM
    Evening Guys,

    I need a bit of advice,

    We have had an offer accepted on a property and we are in the process of arranging contracts. We are quite far along and was expecting to exchange in the coming weeks.

    However the estate agents have informed us that the vendors prospective new house purchase has fell through and can we wait for them to find a new house.

    I know that we only have two option;

    • Not wait and loose money that we have spent
    • wait for them to find a new place.

    I love the house but I don't want to wait forever.

    Would you give them a deadline and would said deadline put you off from selling to us?

    Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Lespaul1960
    • By Lespaul1960 19th May 17, 4:51 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Lespaul1960
    • #2
    • 19th May 17, 4:51 PM
    • #2
    • 19th May 17, 4:51 PM
    If I were your vendor and you gave me a deadline in the circumstances you describe,then yes it would put me off from selling to you. But then I am not your vendor so who knows?
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 19th May 17, 4:52 PM
    • 32,207 Posts
    • 17,249 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • #3
    • 19th May 17, 4:52 PM
    • #3
    • 19th May 17, 4:52 PM
    Say nowt, keep looking and make a decision if and when you need to.

    Just don't spend any more money on the current purchase.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • G_M
    • By G_M 19th May 17, 4:53 PM
    • 41,877 Posts
    • 48,460 Thanks
    G_M
    • #4
    • 19th May 17, 4:53 PM
    • #4
    • 19th May 17, 4:53 PM
    ......

    I know that we only have twothree options;

    • Not wait and loose money that we have spent
    • wait for them to find a new place.
    * start house-hunting again and see which happens first: you find another property, or they do.
    Originally posted by thesurveyor
    .................................................. .....................
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 19th May 17, 4:55 PM
    • 32,207 Posts
    • 17,249 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • #5
    • 19th May 17, 4:55 PM
    • #5
    • 19th May 17, 4:55 PM
    G_M.

    What number am I thinking of?
    It was 8
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,200Posts Today

6,872Users online

Martin's Twitter