Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • adonis10
    • By adonis10 19th May 17, 2:30 PM
    • 1,371Posts
    • 147Thanks
    adonis10
    Now TV entertainment pass
    • 19th May 17, 2:30 PM
    Now TV entertainment pass 19th May 17 at 2:30 PM
    I have a new contract with Vodafone and have a choice between 12m subscription to now tv or spotify. I am leaning towards the latter as now tv doesn't look to be anything special v what I already have (Netflix, sky and freeview) - anyone used it and able to offer their thoughts?
Page 1
    • London50
    • By London50 19th May 17, 2:39 PM
    • 1,497 Posts
    • 1,411 Thanks
    London50
    • 19th May 17, 2:39 PM
    • 19th May 17, 2:39 PM
    I have all of them, if you enjoy music then go for Spotify {if you have or get the Amazon Echo or dot then you can connect the two}
    • warwickbears
    • By warwickbears 19th May 17, 3:13 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    warwickbears
    • 19th May 17, 3:13 PM
    • 19th May 17, 3:13 PM
    I think you'll feel more value by going for Spotify.
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 19th May 17, 3:46 PM
    • 29,158 Posts
    • 17,439 Thanks
    getmore4less
    • 19th May 17, 3:46 PM
    • 19th May 17, 3:46 PM
    NowTV is just Sky(ish) over the net.

A lot cheaper when you pick up the cheap deals can do entertainment and movies for <£100.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 19th May 17, 4:32 PM
    • 7,881 Posts
    • 4,697 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 19th May 17, 4:32 PM
    • 19th May 17, 4:32 PM
    You don't have the ability to listen while off-line, but you can access Spotify free (supported by adverts, which are more frequent at peak times). The quality of sound from subscription is claimed to be better, but that won't show if your speakers aren't up to standard.
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 19th May 17, 9:26 PM
    • 1,030 Posts
    • 355 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    • 19th May 17, 9:26 PM
    • 19th May 17, 9:26 PM
    Any ideas why Vodafone dropped ( or the other way round ) Netflix as part of the entertainment offer withn certain price plans ?
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 28th May 17, 6:26 PM
    • 3,043 Posts
    • 786 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 28th May 17, 6:26 PM
    • 28th May 17, 6:26 PM
    I have a new contract with Vodafone and have a choice between 12m subscription to now tv or spotify. I am leaning towards the latter as now tv doesn't look to be anything special v what I already have (Netflix, sky and freeview) - anyone used it and able to offer their thoughts?
    Originally posted by adonis10
    Spotify is pants on mobile. Apple Music rules and yes you can get it on Android - 3 months free trial and after that 1 months notice.. But it looks like you're stuck with Spotify.

Depends on what you want. NowTV entertainment pass is good if you watch a lot of tv. It has the channels not available elsewhere and box sets hard to find elsewhere. On the other hand if you listen to lots of music Spotify is the way to go.

It's worth noting that on broadband unlimited is advised for both and I would further advise fibre.
    • adonis10
    • By adonis10 1st Jun 17, 12:57 PM
    • 1,371 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    adonis10
    • 1st Jun 17, 12:57 PM
    • 1st Jun 17, 12:57 PM
    Spotify is pants on mobile. Apple Music rules and yes you can get it on Android - 3 months free trial and after that 1 months notice.. But it looks like you're stuck with Spotify.

Depends on what you want. NowTV entertainment pass is good if you watch a lot of tv. It has the channels not available elsewhere and box sets hard to find elsewhere. On the other hand if you listen to lots of music Spotify is the way to go.

It's worth noting that on broadband unlimited is advised for both and I would further advise fibre.
    Originally posted by Anthorn
    In what way is it pants? I've already gone for it now but interested to hear thoughts. I may get the Apple music free trial as well to compare the two.

Don't watch an awful lot of TV so felt that freeview, Netflix and Sky is enough therefore went for the Spotify Premium. It is free, after all.

Ah yes, I have unlimited and would never, ever consider getting capped broadband.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,641Posts Today

8,959Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin