Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • miser69er
    • By miser69er 19th May 17, 1:19 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 9Thanks
    miser69er
    Birmingham Airport APCOA
    • 19th May 17, 1:19 PM
    Birmingham Airport APCOA 19th May 17 at 1:19 PM
    Second attempt at posting this so go easy on me please!

Received a PCN from APCOA for a 5 second stop at Birmingham Airport where a friend jumped into car. I have appealed using the standard blue template letter but can't seem to find any relevant or should I say new post on this matter.

Question being is the information still relevant and what chance do I have of this being rejected?

Many thanks
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 19th May 17, 1:25 PM
    • 14,465 Posts
    • 18,059 Thanks
    Redx
    • 19th May 17, 1:25 PM
    • 19th May 17, 1:25 PM
    yes the information on this forum is still valid and up to date

just do the same as all the others have done for BHX airport

wait for the rejection (inevitable) and POPLA CODE

as long as the owner and driver were not revealed and only the blue text was used then its fine , just await the popla code and copy and paste a recent APCOA 2017 BHA popla appeal , adapt it and submit it , with BYLAWS appeal at the top of the menus

(use the drop down forum search box to find them)

APCOA will fold within hours or days of seeing the comprehensive POPLA appeal
    Last edited by Redx; 19-05-2017 at 2:57 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • miser69er
    • By miser69er 19th May 17, 1:41 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    miser69er
    • 19th May 17, 1:41 PM
    • 19th May 17, 1:41 PM
    Thanks very much Redx,

Although, I replied as the owner but refused to name the driver who was not me, will this go against me?

I did include my address and reg number as it stated on the email reply to my appeal they would not look at it unless I did so. Did not want to give them any ammunition not to review it!!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 19th May 17, 3:00 PM
    • 14,465 Posts
    • 18,059 Thanks
    Redx
    • 19th May 17, 3:00 PM
    • 19th May 17, 3:00 PM
    Thanks very much Redx,

Although, I replied as the owner but refused to name the driver who was not me, will this go against me?

I did include my address and reg number as it stated on the email reply to my appeal they would not look at it unless I did so. Did not want to give them any ammunition not to review it!!
    Originally posted by miser69er
    I suspect that you actually replied as Registered Keeper, because the NTK would have been sent to the RK (APCOA have NO IDEA who the owner is , or the driver either)

so any appeal would be from the RK who received the NTK (after the DVLA gave them those details) , not the owner (who may or may not be the RK)

so if you used the blue text template , you appealed as KEEPER, which is what it actually says , in response to an NTK sent to the RK home address

so I do not believe for 1 second that you appealed as OWNER
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • miser69er
    • By miser69er 20th May 17, 4:51 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    miser69er
    • 20th May 17, 4:51 PM
    • 20th May 17, 4:51 PM
    Yes Keeper is correct, wrong terminology on my part saying owner!

So if I have this correct, it is common practice to have my appeal rejected but when I get my POPLA code and submit to them chances are my appeal will be upheld?

Can I just ask if anyone else reading this has had a similar experience recently (as in the last couple of weeks) and how long these things take to go away!!

Thanks
    • Redx
    • By Redx 20th May 17, 5:06 PM
    • 14,465 Posts
    • 18,059 Thanks
    Redx
    • 20th May 17, 5:06 PM
    • 20th May 17, 5:06 PM
    Yes Keeper is correct, wrong terminology on my part saying owner!

So if I have this correct, it is common practice to have my appeal rejected but when I get my POPLA code and submit to them chances are my appeal will be upheld?

Can I just ask if anyone else reading this has had a similar experience recently (as in the last couple of weeks) and how long these things take to go away!!

Thanks
    Originally posted by miser69er
    yes it is common practice to reject appeals, they all do it over 90% of the time , especially apcoa

chances are apcoa will drop the case as soon as they see your popla appeal , so no the appeal will not be upheld unless it goes all the way at popla

the chances are apcoa will tell popla they are not contesting your popla appeal, so you win by default (case dismissed) - so no ruling but the end of the case

there are plenty of these on the forum as we get these on a weekly basis for APCOA at both BHX and Luton airports all the time , so if you do as I said and search the forum you will find recent similar examples that you can read up on
    Newbies !!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

126Posts Today

1,351Users online

Martin's Twitter