Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jackie N
    • By Jackie N 19th May 17, 1:13 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jackie N
    Indigo PCN - Chatham railway station
    • 19th May 17, 1:13 PM
    Indigo PCN - Chatham railway station 19th May 17 at 1:13 PM
    I park at Chatham station car park 2 or 3 times a week. I usually buy parking scratchcards which have the car registration number printed on them.

I had run out of scratchcards and as we were about to change our car, I did not want to buy any more as some would be wasted so for 2 weeks I knew that I would have to buy tickets on the day from the ticket machine at the station.

On 31 March I duly paid my £6 at the machine, the machine made its usual whirring noise and displayed the message “printing”, but no ticket was produced. I left a note on the car dashboard to say that I had paid my money but that no ticket had been provided. That evening, I had a ticket on the car.

I sent an appeal to Indigo and included a scanned copy of the notice I had left in the car. However, they rejected my appeal on 5 May and included photos which showed the notice left in the car so it had been seen by the person doing the ticketing. The comments were that “it is the customer’s responsibility to make sure that a ticket is purchased”. Would I really go and buy another ticket when I had already paid £6 for the day’s parking? I have been given a reference number to appeal to POPLA but have not done any more yet.

We no longer own the car which was ticketed as we sold it shortly afterwards.

On reading through the posts on here, I now realise that I should not have given my name as driver of the vehicle although my husband was the owner of the car.

I am very confused as to what to do next so any help would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 19th May 17, 1:17 PM
    • 13,977 Posts
    • 17,250 Thanks
    Redx
    • 19th May 17, 1:17 PM
    • 19th May 17, 1:17 PM
    draft a popla appeal based on any recent railway popla appeals by other members here , dont look at anything prior ro 2016 and preferably this year

if the driver has been admitted (bad mistake) then dont use KEEPER based arguments based on legal arguments

post #3 of the NEWBIES sticky thread will help you too

bear in mind that after 6 months the TOC cannot take you to magistrates court under any bylaws, although INDIGO will still think they can issue a civil case , but we dont see court cases when railway and airport land is involved, due to bylaws
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

432Posts Today

4,440Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin