Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kyliecakes
    • By kyliecakes 19th May 17, 11:16 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    kyliecakes
    0 WOW
    Who pays postage to replace damaged goods?
    • 19th May 17, 11:16 AM
    0 WOW
    Who pays postage to replace damaged goods? 19th May 17 at 11:16 AM
    Hi,

I ordered a radiator online which when it was plumbed in had a hole in so spurted out water. The coating on it was also very uneven and messy - we actually bought two and the other one was perfect. The company are being very slippery and difficult to get hold of. I have finally had a reply today saying they will send a replacement but I will need to pay courier charges. Now I'm pretty sure I don't, I have already paid to receive the radiators, one of which was defective. Surely it is up to them to provide a working one and I don't have to pay postage again? I'm finding it hard to word a reply, does anyone know the exact rights when it comes to this?

Thanks
    Last edited by kyliecakes; 19-05-2017 at 11:26 AM.
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 19th May 17, 11:52 AM
    • 10,882 Posts
    • 7,295 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 19th May 17, 11:52 AM
    • 19th May 17, 11:52 AM
    Is the company in this country or another?

Have a read here. http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act
    • kyliecakes
    • By kyliecakes 19th May 17, 12:11 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kyliecakes
    • 19th May 17, 12:11 PM
    • 19th May 17, 12:11 PM
    Hi,

Thanks - they're in the UK. I've had a read through Which but can only find information on who pays to return the faulty products. Theyre not asking me to return the faulty one, just pay for the postage of a new one.

Thanks
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 19th May 17, 2:13 PM
    • 10,882 Posts
    • 7,295 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 19th May 17, 2:13 PM
    • 19th May 17, 2:13 PM
    Hi,

Thanks - they're in the UK. I've had a read through Which but can only find information on who pays to return the faulty products. Theyre not asking me to return the faulty one, just pay for the postage of a new one.

Thanks
    Originally posted by kyliecakes
    Are they refunding you for the faulty one then?

As long as you are paying the same original payment, if they refund and recharge for the replacement, you are in the same position. Or do you mean they aren't refunding for the faulty one but are charging the replacement as a postage only? If that is the case, tell them you don't want a replacement. Get a refund and they buy again, elsewhere if you can.
    • kyliecakes
    • By kyliecakes 19th May 17, 2:24 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kyliecakes
    • 19th May 17, 2:24 PM
    • 19th May 17, 2:24 PM
    Hi,

No they are not requesting the damaged one back, they are saying that they will send me a new one but only if i pay the courier charge. I don't see why i should pay this when I already paid delivery to receive a working radiator and don't have this. So there has been no talk of refunds, just to replace it but only if i pay the postage for a new one.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 19th May 17, 5:00 PM
    • 10,882 Posts
    • 7,295 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 19th May 17, 5:00 PM
    • 19th May 17, 5:00 PM
    Hi,

No they are not requesting the damaged one back, they are saying that they will send me a new one but only if i pay the courier charge. I don't see why i should pay this when I already paid delivery to receive a working radiator and don't have this. So there has been no talk of refunds, just to replace it but only if i pay the postage for a new one.
    Originally posted by kyliecakes
    Did you read my link? If you are within the 30 days just tell them you want a refund. Then buy it again.
    • Tealblue
    • By Tealblue 19th May 17, 6:23 PM
    • 622 Posts
    • 983 Thanks
    Tealblue
    • 19th May 17, 6:23 PM
    • 19th May 17, 6:23 PM
    They're trying it on.

Try this template letter from Which: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-to-request-damaged-goods-be-replaced
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

97Posts Today

1,843Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin