Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CDean
    • By CDean 19th May 17, 10:53 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CDean
    Remortgaging - Occupiers and Agreement form
    • 19th May 17, 10:53 AM
    Remortgaging - Occupiers and Agreement form 19th May 17 at 10:53 AM
    Hi there,
    A quick question: I have received an offer for a remortgage and the new mortgage will be in my name (sole borrower). However, the lender has also written to the adults living in the house (i.e. my wife) to ask her to sign an Occupiers and Agreement form.

I would like to find out what are the legal implications of my wife signing this (other than the fact that she may be evicted if I do not pay the mortgage!).

Is there anything else I should be aware of? Anyone with experience of this?

Thank you
Page 1
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 19th May 17, 11:03 AM
    • 5,273 Posts
    • 4,941 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 19th May 17, 11:03 AM
    • 19th May 17, 11:03 AM
    the lender has also written to the adults living in the house (i.e. my wife) to ask her to sign an Occupiers and Agreement form.

I would like to find out what are the legal implications of my wife signing this (other than the fact that she may be evicted if I do not pay the mortgage!).
    Originally posted by CDean
    That's about it.

Didn't she sign one previously? Or has she moved in since your last mortgage?
    • CDean
    • By CDean 19th May 17, 11:57 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CDean
    • 19th May 17, 11:57 AM
    • 19th May 17, 11:57 AM
    Thanks for the info, davidmcn.
    She moved in after my last mortgage so did not have one. This is my first remortgage after more 10 years with my existing lender, so I was unsure what this occupant thing was all about. I am about to pull the trigger on the new mortgage just to make sure I am not missing anything.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,599Posts Today

6,692Users online

Martin's Twitter