Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SirDavid
    • By SirDavid 19th May 17, 10:50 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    SirDavid
    Universal Credit payment less than half..
    • 19th May 17, 10:50 AM
    Universal Credit payment less than half.. 19th May 17 at 10:50 AM
    For the second month in a row, the money that has gone in is less than half of my rent. Nevermind my personal allowance. My rent including bills such as electricity is 474. I only received £220. I've been on the phone on hold for over 50 minutes now and I'm just sick of this.

Can some advise?
Page 1
    • nannytone
    • By nannytone 19th May 17, 4:03 PM
    • 12,147 Posts
    • 18,022 Thanks
    nannytone
    • 19th May 17, 4:03 PM
    • 19th May 17, 4:03 PM
    what is your local housing allowance rate ( for your circumstances) ?

they aren't going to pay your utility bills for you
    • theartfullodger
    • By theartfullodger 19th May 17, 5:12 PM
    • 8,896 Posts
    • 11,747 Thanks
    theartfullodger
    • 19th May 17, 5:12 PM
    • 19th May 17, 5:12 PM
    Is this the benefit cap coming in? What were you getting, total all benefits, per month? Is it just you on your own?

Had any letters in the past 4 months about benefit changes? It's unlikely there's been a change without you being informed somehow.

Have you applied for DHP - see e.g.
    http://www.bolton.gov.uk/website/pages/Discretionaryhousingpayments.aspx

Any benefit overpayments they are clawing back?
    • Mersey
    • By Mersey 19th May 17, 6:13 PM
    • 1,524 Posts
    • 720 Thanks
    Mersey
    • 19th May 17, 6:13 PM
    • 19th May 17, 6:13 PM
    Sadly UC errors are fairly commonplace.

When you get through to the national UC contact centre, ask them to open a complaint and also ask for a manager to consider advancing a payment while they investigate the shortfall.

It may simply be that the JCP failed to upload a tenancy agreement and so the housing element of UC is not being paid.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
    • theronstar
    • By theronstar 20th May 17, 6:23 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    theronstar
    • 20th May 17, 6:23 PM
    • 20th May 17, 6:23 PM
    When Universal Credit make a payment, you should receive a letter breaking down the amount.

Did you not receive this?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

760Posts Today

6,067Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin