Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • richy4
    • By richy4 19th May 17, 10:29 AM
    • 137Posts
    • 25Thanks
    richy4
    MCOL not updating
    • 19th May 17, 10:29 AM
    MCOL not updating 19th May 17 at 10:29 AM
    I recently filed my Directions Questionnaire but it hasn't been marked as received on the MCOL system.

I've called the help desk 3 times this week to find out if they have even received the DQ and they said they're working on a backlog. My deadline is next week! So will this be counted as late?

Rather frustrated, does MCOL update regularly or is this kind of delay common
Page 1
    • scamalamjam
    • By scamalamjam 19th May 17, 2:46 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    scamalamjam
    • 19th May 17, 2:46 PM
    • 19th May 17, 2:46 PM
    It took about 10 days for my DQ to show on MCOL this week. It now appears as though submitted on the date they actually added it to MCOL (6 days after the deadline) but I have the proof it was sent way ahead of the deadline, should this be needed. I was also informed they are working on a backlog of about 10 days... too many parking claims!
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 19th May 17, 3:50 PM
    • 1,708 Posts
    • 3,111 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 19th May 17, 3:50 PM
    • 19th May 17, 3:50 PM
    Rather frustrated, does MCOL update regularly or is this kind of delay common
    Yes but if you have proof of posting (not just emailing) it is deemed to have been received by MCOL. So letters are best.
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
    • richy4
    • By richy4 25th May 17, 5:18 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    richy4
    • 25th May 17, 5:18 PM
    • 25th May 17, 5:18 PM
    I'm still waiting for MCOL to update showing my DQ being received.

It is now over 2 weeks since I sent it via post and nothing.

Last week I sent it again by email to back myself up further. Still nothing. And no reply within 5 workng days as they claim they 'endeavour' to do.

Deadline was a few days ago so what happens next? At some point the judge will think I haven't submitted it and replied and my defence could get struck out!?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 25th May 17, 6:09 PM
    • 16,570 Posts
    • 20,730 Thanks
    Redx
    • 25th May 17, 6:09 PM
    • 25th May 17, 6:09 PM
    so phone them up , asap , TOMORROW !!

I dont know why you are posting this on here as there is NOTHING that any forum member can do about it
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • richy4
    • By richy4 25th May 17, 6:26 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    richy4
    • 25th May 17, 6:26 PM
    • 25th May 17, 6:26 PM
    I'm asking for other people's experiences, how long did it take?

I understand there's a backlog but this is excessive now.

I've emailed it, the auto reply email says anything emailed will be considered received the next working day. So when they finally get round to their emails then hopefully they will update MCOL based on when I actually sent it not when they received it delayed due to their backlog, not mine.

Every time I call they just refer to backlog, what more can I do?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 25th May 17, 9:13 PM
    • 15,569 Posts
    • 24,307 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 25th May 17, 9:13 PM
    • 25th May 17, 9:13 PM
    Every time I call they just refer to backlog, what more can I do?
    Accept that there might be a backlog?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,790Posts Today

7,399Users online

Martin's Twitter