Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BeeWise
    • By BeeWise 19th May 17, 10:03 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    BeeWise
    Amazon.co.uk automatically stores credit card details
    • 19th May 17, 10:03 AM
    Amazon.co.uk automatically stores credit card details 19th May 17 at 10:03 AM
    Most online shopping sites I use offer the option whether or not to have credit card details stored on the site ("for easier check out next time"). I NEVER want my details stored online - but Amazon automatically stores them unless I log in again to delete my card after every purchase. I think customers should always have the option NOT to have full payment details stored, and am surprised that it's OK for online retailers to keep them without asking.
Page 1
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 19th May 17, 10:44 AM
    • 7,308 Posts
    • 9,053 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 19th May 17, 10:44 AM
    • 19th May 17, 10:44 AM
    Shop elsewhere then.

Sorted.
    • bengalknights
    • By bengalknights 19th May 17, 11:10 AM
    • 4,182 Posts
    • 1,530 Thanks
    bengalknights
    • 19th May 17, 11:10 AM
    • 19th May 17, 11:10 AM
    There is a tick option on checkout that allows you to optout
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 19th May 17, 11:35 AM
    • 18,906 Posts
    • 10,122 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 19th May 17, 11:35 AM
    • 19th May 17, 11:35 AM
    Amazon automatically stores them unless I log in again to delete my card after every purchase.
    Originally posted by BeeWise
    Logging back in to delete stored card information is simply not necessary. Just select the option at checkout to not save the card details in the first place.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

90Posts Today

3,376Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin