Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TrickyDicky101
    • By TrickyDicky101 19th May 17, 8:14 AM
    • 2,688Posts
    • 1,741Thanks
    TrickyDicky101
    Minecraft App and tablet replacement
    • 19th May 17, 8:14 AM
    Minecraft App and tablet replacement 19th May 17 at 8:14 AM
    Hi All

My daughter loves Minecraft on her Hudl2 but the tablet is having issues which means I am having to regularly factory reset it (well, twice so far in the last 2 weeks) and frequently drops wifi so I am concerned it is on its way out.

Hence, I have bought her another Android device which is due to arrive shortly.

Question is - do I need to pay for installation of Minecraft on this new device or is it possible to uninstall on the Hudl2 and install on the new device without additional payment?

At the end of the day, Minecraft isn't expensive but it would satisfy my curiosity at least to know the answer!
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 19th May 17, 8:23 AM
    • 29,948 Posts
    • 18,968 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 19th May 17, 8:23 AM
    • 19th May 17, 8:23 AM
    Was the Minecraft downloaded via the Google play store ?

If it was then no as its linked to the play store account.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • TrickyDicky101
    • By TrickyDicky101 19th May 17, 8:46 AM
    • 2,688 Posts
    • 1,741 Thanks
    TrickyDicky101
    • 19th May 17, 8:46 AM
    • 19th May 17, 8:46 AM
    Yes it was via the Play store. Thank you
    • almillar
    • By almillar 22nd May 17, 12:37 PM
    • 7,016 Posts
    • 2,799 Thanks
    almillar
    • 22nd May 17, 12:37 PM
    • 22nd May 17, 12:37 PM
    For any app on the Play Store - buy an app and you can run it on any Android device signed into that Google account you're using, phone or tablet.
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 22nd May 17, 2:03 PM
    • 2,678 Posts
    • 1,801 Thanks
    AndyPix
    • 22nd May 17, 2:03 PM
    • 22nd May 17, 2:03 PM
    Was the Minecraft downloaded via the Google play store ?

If it was then no as its linked to the play store account.
    Originally posted by DCFC79

You have got that topsy turvy

If you have downloaded it from the play store, then as long as you sign your new device into the same google account, you can re-download ALL (or some, if you prefer) your apps without paying again.

Because it is linked to the play-store account
    Running with scissors since 1978
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

578Posts Today

5,889Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @theJeremyVine: Heart melted. I?m never going to complain about anything again. Thanku @henryfraser0 for pointing this out. https://t?

• Today's twitter poll: Its Lib Dem conference week & its said "exit from Brexit". If ur open minded to Lib Dems, does this help or hinder?

• RT @Yogi_1969: @MartinSLewis Used Resolver site to claim flight compensation, got £1580 back from Icelandair today. Thanks Martin ????

• Follow Martin