Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Briant_Gumble
    • By Briant_Gumble 18th May 17, 11:08 PM
    • 21Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Briant_Gumble
    Where to file Job seekers allowance on self assessment
    • 18th May 17, 11:08 PM
    Where to file Job seekers allowance on self assessment 18th May 17 at 11:08 PM
    So I am in the process of completing my self assessment return.

I worked for 3 different temping agencies, a self employed job and claimed JSA for two months.

I have been completing the return on my IPhone safari (I did this last year no problem).

I can't work out where to include the JSA in the return.

I am thinking of classifying it as another PAYE job but then I'd need to know their employers unique PAYE number.

Does anyone know of a generic number for JSA?

Also I think I can work out how much I earned from it but is there a JSA helpline number that I can phone to work out exactly how much?

It's hard to get the information I need right now as I'm working Monday till Friday 9-6 with only half an hour lunch break so not much time to wait on hold.

Thanks in advance if you can help.
Page 1
    • 00ec25
    • By 00ec25 18th May 17, 11:42 PM
    • 4,309 Posts
    • 3,659 Thanks
    00ec25
    • 18th May 17, 11:42 PM
    • 18th May 17, 11:42 PM
    have you read the notes that explain how to complete the form?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/604367/SA150-2017.pdf

page 6 see explanation re box 15
    the amount to use will be on the P45 the Jobcentre gave you and you should have retained Part 1A where that is shown when you gave the other parts to your new employer when you started the new job

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/self-assessment-tax-return-sa100
    Last edited by 00ec25; 18-05-2017 at 11:47 PM.
    • dori2o
    • By dori2o 19th May 17, 8:27 AM
    • 7,266 Posts
    • 12,111 Thanks
    dori2o
    • 19th May 17, 8:27 AM
    • 19th May 17, 8:27 AM
    So I am in the process of completing my self assessment return.

I worked for 3 different temping agencies, a self employed job and claimed JSA for two months.

I have been completing the return on my IPhone safari (I did this last year no problem).

I can't work out where to include the JSA in the return.

I am thinking of classifying it as another PAYE job but then I'd need to know their employers unique PAYE number.

Does anyone know of a generic number for JSA?

Also I think I can work out how much I earned from it but is there a JSA helpline number that I can phone to work out exactly how much?

It's hard to get the information I need right now as I'm working Monday till Friday 9-6 with only half an hour lunch break so not much time to wait on hold.

Thanks in advance if you can help.
    Originally posted by Briant_Gumble
    In the section of the online return called 'Tailor your return' there will have been a question that asks of you have received and state benefits. You need to have selected 'Yes' to this question for it to include the necessary section in the online return.

You can return to the 'Tailor your return' section from the menu on the left side of the screen.
    To equate judgement and wisdom with occupation is at best . . . insulting.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

1,563Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin