Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chats42
    • By chats42 18th May 17, 10:45 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    chats42
    Help! Ebay seller not replying!!
    • 18th May 17, 10:45 PM
    Help! Ebay seller not replying!! 18th May 17 at 10:45 PM
    Can anyone help me? I bought running shoes on ebay for £84.99. They hadn't arrived by the time I went on holiday - a week after the predicted date - and I warned the seller I wouldn't be able to accept the signed for package after a certain date. they arrived when I was away for 2 weeks and so they were returned by Royal Mail as I didn't collect them in time. Since then I have been repeatedly contacting the sender for a refund, but they don't reply. It's been 6 weeks now and I don't know what to do, I can't find any help on eBay's web site. It's a lot of money to lose!!! Please help if you can. Many thanks
Page 1
    • bris
    • By bris 18th May 17, 11:01 PM
    • 7,029 Posts
    • 6,028 Thanks
    bris
    • 18th May 17, 11:01 PM
    • 18th May 17, 11:01 PM
    Just start a Paypal claim. It's the easiest thing in the world to start an Ebay resolution centre claim or a Paypal claim, look harder.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 19th May 17, 7:53 AM
    • 59,453 Posts
    • 42,166 Thanks
    soolin
    • 19th May 17, 7:53 AM
    • 19th May 17, 7:53 AM
    Just start a Paypal claim. It's the easiest thing in the world to start an Ebay resolution centre claim or a Paypal claim, look harder.
    Originally posted by bris
    Too late for an ebay claim but a paypal one will work .

If OP ever comes back it might be worth asking for this to be moved to the ebay board.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • SouthUKMan
    • By SouthUKMan 19th May 17, 12:18 PM
    • 371 Posts
    • 296 Thanks
    SouthUKMan
    • 19th May 17, 12:18 PM
    • 19th May 17, 12:18 PM
    As someone who has been 'conned' by an eBay buyer starting a PayPal claim - I can indeed confirm that it is the easiest way to instigate getting your money back! In my case the buyer claimed the goods never arrived and got his money back via PayPal. Thankfully for me it was only a tenner or so. Be careful though - if you had one of those red 'sorry we missed you' cards', Royal Mail keep items for 18 calendar days. This could be used against you if you get your dates muddled.
    • chats42
    • By chats42 19th May 17, 3:58 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    chats42
    • 19th May 17, 3:58 PM
    • 19th May 17, 3:58 PM
    I didn't pay by PayPal, it was a credit card, doesn't ebay have a responsibility to help me? Thanks
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 19th May 17, 4:05 PM
    • 3,489 Posts
    • 3,550 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 19th May 17, 4:05 PM
    • 19th May 17, 4:05 PM
    I didn't pay by PayPal,
    Originally posted by chats42
    Are you sure? You may have used your CC in their Paypal page.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 19th May 17, 4:33 PM
    • 11,175 Posts
    • 7,485 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 19th May 17, 4:33 PM
    • 19th May 17, 4:33 PM
    I didn't pay by PayPal, it was a credit card, doesn't ebay have a responsibility to help me? Thanks
    Only for 30 days from the latest or actual delivery.

As above, are you sure you paid by credit card or did you pay by guest account using your credit card on Paypal?
    • bris
    • By bris 19th May 17, 7:58 PM
    • 7,029 Posts
    • 6,028 Thanks
    bris
    • 19th May 17, 7:58 PM
    • 19th May 17, 7:58 PM
    On the off chance you did actually phone them up and give them your credit card details then you can still do a chargeback.

S75 is out because it's under £100 but you can still phone them up and ask to do a charge back.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback
    • arcon5
    • By arcon5 20th May 17, 9:39 PM
    • 13,106 Posts
    • 8,309 Thanks
    arcon5
    • 20th May 17, 9:39 PM
    • 20th May 17, 9:39 PM
    As someone who has been 'conned' by an eBay buyer starting a PayPal claim - I can indeed confirm that it is the easiest way to instigate getting your money back! In my case the buyer claimed the goods never arrived and got his money back via PayPal. Thankfully for me it was only a tenner or so. Be careful though - if you had one of those red 'sorry we missed you' cards', Royal Mail keep items for 18 calendar days. This could be used against you if you get your dates muddled.
    Originally posted by SouthUKMan
    If you send tracked then problem solved.

Not exactly a comparable situation though since the seller will now be receiving the parcel back
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 21st May 17, 11:20 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    angryparcel
    Credit Card Payments go through paypal as a guest account, so call Paypal as the transaction will not be in your paypal account.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,093Posts Today

6,389Users online

Martin's Twitter