Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ferry
    • By ferry 18th May 17, 9:05 PM
    • 1,601Posts
    • 247Thanks
    ferry
    Another why did my Tax credits go down question please
    • 18th May 17, 9:05 PM
    Another why did my Tax credits go down question please 18th May 17 at 9:05 PM
    I reported a change in income-approx £500 from 15/16 and when I logged in check my next payment which is about £19 less per week now.
    I assume I had renewed at the same time but I really cant guess as the website does not make this clear.
    There are no other changes.

I know you wont have my specifics but any ideas how they would arrive a such a drastic drop in amount based on reporting such a small reduction in income

Thanks as usual for your help
Page 1
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 18th May 17, 9:13 PM
    • 4,540 Posts
    • 2,855 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 18th May 17, 9:13 PM
    • 18th May 17, 9:13 PM
    Do you mean your 2016/17 income?
    • ferry
    • By ferry 18th May 17, 9:17 PM
    • 1,601 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    ferry
    • 18th May 17, 9:17 PM
    • 18th May 17, 9:17 PM
    Do you mean your 2016/17 income?
    Originally posted by Darksparkle
    Sorry yes I took the exact figure from my 16/17 P60 so i know its accurate
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 19th May 17, 6:50 AM
    • 4,540 Posts
    • 2,855 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 19th May 17, 6:50 AM
    • 19th May 17, 6:50 AM
    Without knowing anything about your claim it is impossible to comment on your payments.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,620Posts Today

6,083Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin