Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Polly05
    • By Polly05 18th May 17, 9:00 PM
    • 185Posts
    • 103Thanks
    Polly05
    remortgaging at nationwide, online or otherwise?
    • 18th May 17, 9:00 PM
    remortgaging at nationwide, online or otherwise? 18th May 17 at 9:00 PM
    Hi,
    My 5 year fix is coming to an end soon. First time doing this for me.
    I intend to get another 5 year fix with nationwide again. However, I want to bring the term down a bit. Since I've overpaid a bit and the interest rates are lower now, I can take 10 years off the term and the payments would be the same as I'm paying now..
    I did want to do it in branch, so they could advise me, just in case I'm missing something. But they've cancelled my appointment and can't fit me in again for ages, so I thought maybe I'd just do it myself online.
    Is it easy to do online? Can I reduce the term online?
    Can anyone give me any info on what happens when you do it online?
    Thanks!
Page 1
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 18th May 17, 9:18 PM
    • 582 Posts
    • 278 Thanks
    Dandytf
    • 18th May 17, 9:18 PM
    • 18th May 17, 9:18 PM
    You can apply to switch online with Natwide no prob at all.

Where the difference is if you are reducing term then that I beleive is a new appliaction, correct me if i'm wrong though I think you have to call Natwide to reduce term.

Which is why i'm sticking to exsistijg term end May so I can easily swap mortgage online though I think a 2 year tracker is not bad value this time to allow me to move home if required and avoid any early repayment charges.
    sc dmp 2012 13k

Jan 2017 7380 paid. 50% ish...
    • hugonellie
    • By hugonellie 19th May 17, 11:14 AM
    • 74 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    hugonellie
    • 19th May 17, 11:14 AM
    • 19th May 17, 11:14 AM
    As above really - I've just recently done a product switch with them as my 5 year fix was coming to an end, switched to their 2 Year tracker online (you can do this 3 months early). I got 250 back in cash for it, and there's no ERC so if rates look like they are going to rise I can just switch with no issues. I'm using the low rate to overpay on mine to get the balance as low as possible
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

175Posts Today

1,275Users online

Martin's Twitter