Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Zed13
    • By Zed13 18th May 17, 8:44 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Zed13
    Sick of no activation from BT
    • 18th May 17, 8:44 PM
    Sick of no activation from BT 18th May 17 at 8:44 PM
    I have recently switched to BT from Plusnet. Not fully true....although I was given a date of 4th May as my new activation date, I am still without broadband due to a catalog of BT "system" errors according to their advisors. When I rang on 4th May, apparently my order did not go through to the supplier correctly, they then tried to redo the order and said I would have broadband on 11th May. However, no broadband connection on this date either. After much complaining I was assigned a "case officer" who told me system had messed up and only way to get internet was to cancel order and start again. Should be sorted by Monday 15th. Another call on Monday to apologise again but not sorted and they can't give me a date when it will. More complaining and started asking advisor about their ADR and had to be escalated to his manager as was out of depth. She can't give date, unwilling to offer any decent compensation but basically have me over a barrel. I have had to constantly ring for updates. No one bothers to call me until I call first. Just been told tonight that there is a marker on my line which takes 5 days to sort out! Over 2 weeks with no internet and no end in sight.

I am sick of this and seen other similar threads. Basically, once you've signed you don't have much choice to go elsewhere without an even further delay to activation. They give all the excuses but I don't think they are that bothered as we don't seem to have any rights anyway. However, if the regulator, Ofcom, was to impose stricter regulation and compensation payment I bet they would work faster to get switching as easy as we keep being told it is meant to be. I have started an online petition at change . Org but I can't post link here as I am a new user. The petition is called -force-broadband-companies-to-pay-if-they-do-not-activate-internet-on-date-given? If anyone wants to sign.

Not sure if it will work but maybe with enough signatures something might change! Just feel so annoyed I want to do something!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

164Posts Today

1,063Users online

Martin's Twitter