Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Minkalotte
    • By Minkalotte 18th May 17, 7:59 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Minkalotte
    Car insurance help after 'accident '
    • 18th May 17, 7:59 PM
    Car insurance help after 'accident ' 18th May 17 at 7:59 PM
    Hello!
    I had a bump last August with no damage however the 3rd party claims now for personal insuries ( his insurance closed the claim) which he can do for up to three years. Interestingly he had apparently 2 accidents on that day.. anyway, coming to the point:
    My insurance went up to 650£ from 300.. when I spoke to the claim handler he said if the personal claim is not gonna happen everything will go back to where it was eg NCB. They asked already three times for medical evidence but nothing has been provided as yet.
    Anyway, my question is will I get the differences of the higher paid premium back when no claim will be made? Anyone has experience with it? I asked an financial ombudsman but he could advise me anything .
    Thanks !
Page 1
    • FutureGirl
    • By FutureGirl 18th May 17, 8:12 PM
    • 845 Posts
    • 339 Thanks
    FutureGirl
    • 18th May 17, 8:12 PM
    • 18th May 17, 8:12 PM
    If no claim is made by the third party, and you haven't claimed for any vehicle damage yourself, then yes you'll get the premiums back.

If your insurers have asked the third party solicitors 3 times for medical evidence, I very much doubt they have 'only just claimed'.
    Capital One:£1,259.40/£1,300.00
    Aqua: £273.29/£300.00
    o2: £221.00 / £271.00
    • Minkalotte
    • By Minkalotte 18th May 17, 8:37 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Minkalotte
    • 18th May 17, 8:37 PM
    • 18th May 17, 8:37 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply! It's just that the the 3rd party can extend it apparently till the 3 years are over😤 To be honest I doubt that he has something anyway. He jumped straight out of his car, turning his neck left and right and shouting 'my neck my neck...' ..which really annoyed me ( me being a nurse knowing the symptoms and when the occure) I wouldn't have had a problem if it were a true and faithful claim but ripping off the system gets me( in the end we all have to pay for it)
    Well at least if you are right I'll get the differences back.. even if I have to wait three years 😁
    • aplusauto
    • By aplusauto 20th May 17, 11:20 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    aplusauto
    • 20th May 17, 11:20 AM
    • 20th May 17, 11:20 AM
    Hello!
    your question is interesting. In my opinion you should consult to another insurance broker for which is happen to you and your car..because i also met this kind of tragedy last days and i found an insurance broker who make me relax about my problem.you should consult another insurance agent to find your answers. thanks
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 20th May 17, 11:35 AM
    • 25,102 Posts
    • 9,959 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 20th May 17, 11:35 AM
    • 20th May 17, 11:35 AM
    I smell Sir SPAMALOT. Probably puzzled why they cannot post links.

Go on tell which which insurance broker sorted you out and made you relaxed even when your not insured through that broker.

I know your dying to tell us.

My guess its in India?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,003Posts Today

9,136Users online

Martin's Twitter