Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • justaquestion
    • By justaquestion 18th May 17, 7:50 PM
    • 452Posts
    • 90Thanks
    justaquestion
    New laminate flooring.
    • 18th May 17, 7:50 PM
    New laminate flooring. 18th May 17 at 7:50 PM
    Hi,

Would appreciate a bit of advice, replacing a few laminate floors in both living area and hallway, have settled on 10mm stuff (not sure if the depth matters so much, say 8 or 10mm as I have found that the top layer on the laminate is as thin as a postage stamp)

We got the old floor done about 10 years ago, put down some fairly thick silver backed underlay, so hoping that can be used again? We did have a part water spill maybe soaked through to the underlay as well as that part of floor got really damaged.

Going to get fitter to life skirting as that is how it was done last time.

Advice appreciated as whether underlay for the most part should be ok (where the floor wasn't water damaged) and if cost of £5 per sq yard seems reasonable plus £20 per room to lift skirting?

Thanks a lot
Page 1
    • beefturnmail
    • By beefturnmail 19th May 17, 1:25 PM
    • 610 Posts
    • 178 Thanks
    beefturnmail
    • 19th May 17, 1:25 PM
    • 19th May 17, 1:25 PM
    Underlay is pretty cheap relative to the amount you will be spending on the floor... When I bought my laminate last autumn it was free with the order.
    • Carrot007
    • By Carrot007 19th May 17, 1:58 PM
    • 687 Posts
    • 558 Thanks
    Carrot007
    • 19th May 17, 1:58 PM
    • 19th May 17, 1:58 PM
    Skirting is also cheap. And was repalced free when I recently got my kitchen/conservatory done.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,900Posts Today

8,127Users online

Martin's Twitter