Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fbird
    • By Fbird 18th May 17, 7:44 PM
    • 21Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Fbird
    Tenants
    • 18th May 17, 7:44 PM
    Tenants 18th May 17 at 7:44 PM
    Hi

We had some Tenants move in to the Property next door to us, at the beginning of March, 2 weeks they were fine, not a sound. Probably just testing the waters, to see what they feel they can do. And not cannot do!

Then when the two weeks were up until this day. They keep bringing these knackered old Cars back, Each time one is either sold? Or driven away again, there is another one brought back the evening after.
    They are on their third Car now. They have always been the same brand of Car.

It is just a nuisance as we were in a quiet area until all of this. Gangs of People always coming round 6+
    Then there is the noise (revving), and pollution (clouds of blue/grey smoke).

I'm not sure what I can do here? It just seems pointless trying to talk to the Tenants, I wouldn't waste my time.

Approach the Landlord if he ever turns up? But I reckon that would turn in to an argument. But i'm not really bothered if it did!
    I doubt the Estate Agent would care either? They always seem to listen but never do anything.

Surely this rented Property is being used as a business?

Honestly don't know what to do here
Page 2
    • Fbird
    • By Fbird 19th May 17, 1:51 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Fbird
    Surely there must be some intervention as the Letting Agent supposedly 'vetted' these buffoons, and the Landlord also selects who fits the so called standards/criteria, and selects who also moves in?

However either way I am happy to speak to the Council after a few more incidents.
    • Guest101
    • By Guest101 19th May 17, 1:59 PM
    • 13,955 Posts
    • 13,467 Thanks
    Guest101
    Surely there must be some intervention as the Letting Agent supposedly 'vetted' these buffoons, and the Landlord also selects who fits the so called standards/criteria, and selects who also moves in?

However either way I am happy to speak to the Council after a few more incidents.
    Originally posted by Fbird
    How is that relevant in anyway to you? Do you really think they'll get evicted because of this??
    • Fbird
    • By Fbird 19th May 17, 2:04 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Fbird
    It is a nuisance in many ways, not looking for an eviction, but for it to stop. As nothing like this has ever happened in our area before.

Surely there if little Man feels the need/urge to do this, rent a Unit? Not do it in a residential area.

I know this is not acceptable on Council Estates, so why here?
    • Guest101
    • By Guest101 19th May 17, 2:06 PM
    • 13,955 Posts
    • 13,467 Thanks
    Guest101
    It is a nuisance in many ways, not looking for an eviction, but for it to stop. As nothing like this has ever happened in our area before.

Surely there if little Man feels the need/urge to do this, rent a Unit? Not do it in a residential area.

I know this is not acceptable on Council Estates, so why here?
    Originally posted by Fbird
    The LL has power to do one thing, seek an eviction.

Do you think he or she magically controls the tenants behaviour?

I mean it doesn't even sound that bad, but I accept it annoys you.
    • Fbird
    • By Fbird 19th May 17, 2:11 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Fbird
    Yes it is an annoyance and nuisance at the same time.

Different People deal with things differently, but it's certainly not right having randoms banging Cars, and revving the !!!! off them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,599Posts Today

6,692Users online

Martin's Twitter