Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • blackmath
    • By blackmath 18th May 17, 7:33 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 4Thanks
    blackmath
    PPC performing a credit search
    • 18th May 17, 7:33 PM
    PPC performing a credit search 18th May 17 at 7:33 PM
    I have had a PPC send me a letter they have found my address via a credit search. I am going to check if they genuinely have.

How have they done this with no credit agreement or application for credit?

Why would Experian etc. release personal information without express permission?

Anyone know if this is allowed? If not I will be pursuing this with the ICO.
Page 2
    • blackmath
    • By blackmath 18th May 17, 8:56 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    blackmath
    For each ticket they intend to issue, they have to go back to the DVLA each and every time. Despite knowing your details from previous ticket(s), they cannot use them. They must apply each time to the DVLA.

Write to the DVLA and ask them who, by date, has applied for your details between x (date) and y (date) - to cover the dates of all your PCNs.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/dvla-reverse-position-on-charging-to.html
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Thanks. I guess it is worth doing to piece together what they have done.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 18th May 17, 9:02 PM
    • 5,973 Posts
    • 7,689 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I suspect this isn't a credit search but rather confirmation of your address.
    Originally posted by waamo
    It's a soft search to which those entitled to access the credit database can do.
    Now, I have long suspected that such information can be obtained from third parties such as bank staff

The OP has the right to ask all the credit agencies who accessed his files

Who knows, a can of worms might be uncovered
    Last edited by beamerguy; 18-05-2017 at 9:29 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th May 17, 10:22 PM
    • 50,114 Posts
    • 63,497 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    None of us are defending the parking firm, BTW.

The industry with its two 'Trade Bodies' who lobby Government, maintaining a veil of legitimacy for their members, fronts a despicable scam played out by many of the worst culprit firms.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 18th May 17, 10:56 PM
    • 7,294 Posts
    • 7,448 Thanks
    pappa golf
    None of us are defending the parking firm, BTW.

The industry with its two 'Trade Bodies' who lobby Government, maintaining a veil of legitimacy for their members, fronts a despicable scam played out by many of the worst culprit firms.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad

vote tory , problem solved!

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=113642
    • Timothea
    • By Timothea 18th May 17, 11:41 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 281 Thanks
    Timothea
    When regulated debt collectors get involved, are they obliged to confirm the current address of the alleged debtor? PPCs can only ask DVLA for the registered keeper's address at the date of event.

This would explain why many people only find out that they have a PCN when they receive a threatening letter from a debt collector.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,094Posts Today

8,494Users online

Martin's Twitter