Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Louhig21
    • By Louhig21 18th May 17, 7:11 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Louhig21
    Was warrant of entry legal
    • 18th May 17, 7:11 PM
    Was warrant of entry legal 18th May 17 at 7:11 PM
    On April 14th 2017, I received 4 letters from Npower all
    With 4 different correspondent names but all containing the same letter. They all stated that on April 27th there was a court date set to apply for a warrant of entry to gain entry to my business property to disconnect supply of electrics due to failure of payment of amount £770.10. I went on to my online account immediately and paid this amount in full
    On my card. My next bill showed payment and the update of my new outstanding amount. Today 18th may 2017, I went to the property only to find the electric had been disconnected and a letter put through the door for under the previous owners business name, which is the wrong name of my business, saying that that they had gained a warrant of entry and had disconnected the electric for the amount of £770.10. This had been altered by pen to 856.38. I rang immediately to find out why, as the above payment had been paid in full! I am aware that I had an outstanding bill For the last months but not £770 worth, but as I'm in the middle of selling the salon I was going to pay the full amount up to the day I handed over the keys to the new owners. The advisor I spoke to on the phone told me even though I had paid the amount owing because there was arrears of over 28 days, which obviously is over by only a couple of days they could still carry out the warrant of entry. I had no letter to say that they had been granted the warrant of entry. The last paper work I had off Npower was a bill for the 2 months electric. I've had no final demands or action to disconnect they've just gone ahead and carried out the warrant on the amount that has been paid! I feel I've been treated extremely unfairly again by Npower. And now for this I've been charged disconnecting charge, reconnection charge and also a security payment! So where I owed 2 months electric ended up with me paying nearly £1700! This seems totally wrong and extremely excessive.
    I've now got to wait til June 5th to have the electric reconnected!
    I paid the demand of £770 on 13th April.
    The court date was on 27th April
    I received nothing apart from 1 bill since April
    For this months bill! I've been at logger heads with Npower for 17 months they told me I had 2 meters and after 9 months of battling they agreed I did only have 1. They told me their smart meter was correct and that after 6 months of being open I'd used £3200 of electric..I'm a small business open 3 days a week!! This is just 2 of the problems I've had with them. I basically would like to know did they legally access my property to disconnect my supply even though the summons amount had been paid over a month ago??
Page 1
  • nPower
    • 18th May 17, 7:49 PM
    • 18th May 17, 7:49 PM
    On April 14th 2017, I received 4 letters from Npower all
    With 4 different correspondent names but all containing the same letter. They all stated that on April 27th there was a court date set to apply for a warrant of entry to gain entry to my business property to disconnect supply of electrics due to failure of payment of amount £770.10. I went on to my online account immediately and paid this amount in full
    On my card. My next bill showed payment and the update of my new outstanding amount. Today 18th may 2017, I went to the property only to find the electric had been disconnected and a letter put through the door for under the previous owners business name, which is the wrong name of my business, saying that that they had gained a warrant of entry and had disconnected the electric for the amount of £770.10. This had been altered by pen to 856.38. I rang immediately to find out why, as the above payment had been paid in full! I am aware that I had an outstanding bill For the last months but not £770 worth, but as I'm in the middle of selling the salon I was going to pay the full amount up to the day I handed over the keys to the new owners. The advisor I spoke to on the phone told me even though I had paid the amount owing because there was arrears of over 28 days, which obviously is over by only a couple of days they could still carry out the warrant of entry. I had no letter to say that they had been granted the warrant of entry. The last paper work I had off Npower was a bill for the 2 months electric. I've had no final demands or action to disconnect they've just gone ahead and carried out the warrant on the amount that has been paid! I feel I've been treated extremely unfairly again by Npower. And now for this I've been charged disconnecting charge, reconnection charge and also a security payment! So where I owed 2 months electric ended up with me paying nearly £1700! This seems totally wrong and extremely excessive.
    I've now got to wait til June 5th to have the electric reconnected!
    I paid the demand of £770 on 13th April.
    The court date was on 27th April
    I received nothing apart from 1 bill since April
    For this months bill! I've been at logger heads with Npower for 17 months they told me I had 2 meters and after 9 months of battling they agreed I did only have 1. They told me their smart meter was correct and that after 6 months of being open I'd used £3200 of electric..I'm a small business open 3 days a week!! This is just 2 of the problems I've had with them. I basically would like to know did they legally access my property to disconnect my supply even though the summons amount had been paid over a month ago??
    Originally posted by Louhig21

Hi Louhig21

Thank you for posting, I'm sorry to hear of your experience. I will be happy to take a look at this if you would like to send me an email (using the address from my profile) with your account details.

Thanks

Vicky
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
    • J B
    • By J B 18th May 17, 8:44 PM
    • 2,267 Posts
    • 726 Thanks
    J B
    • 18th May 17, 8:44 PM
    • 18th May 17, 8:44 PM
    We bought a repossessed house a few years back. The electricity had been 'disconnected' and there were 'do not use' stickers on the fuseboard.
    We simply removed the sticker and turned it back on - job done!
    • wr1ght
    • By wr1ght 21st May 17, 2:53 PM
    • 398 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    wr1ght
    • 21st May 17, 2:53 PM
    • 21st May 17, 2:53 PM
    We bought a repossessed house a few years back. The electricity had been 'disconnected' and there were 'do not use' stickers on the fuseboard.
    We simply removed the sticker and turned it back on - job done!
    Originally posted by J B
    The electricity hadnt been disconnected simply switched off!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

97Posts Today

1,868Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin