Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kirktaz
    • By kirktaz 18th May 17, 7:10 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    kirktaz
    Balance transfers
    • 18th May 17, 7:10 PM
    Balance transfers 18th May 17 at 7:10 PM
    Hi All,

Apologies if this is the wrong place.

I used this site to find a credit card (Sainsburys) to transfer 2 balances from store cards. To be sent a new credit card and be told I cannot transfer the 2 balances because they dont have 16 digit account numbers, there was no mention of this on the application, or none that I saw.

I know its my fault for using them but the interest is beyond a joke and really want to try and clear them off.

Thank you in advance for your advice.
Page 1
    • tlc678910
    • By tlc678910 18th May 17, 9:31 PM
    • 470 Posts
    • 858 Thanks
    tlc678910
    • 18th May 17, 9:31 PM
    • 18th May 17, 9:31 PM
    Hi,
    If you are able to get a credit card that offers a money transfer to your bank account on a 0% promotional offer you can then use this money (put into your bank account to pay off the store cards). You can find information about money transfer credit cards in the credit card section of this site.
    Tlc
    Not sure how you feel about applying for more credit so soon though/ whether this will affect your credit file negatively.
    • venison
    • By venison 18th May 17, 11:02 PM
    • 1,171 Posts
    • 1,223 Thanks
    venison
    • 18th May 17, 11:02 PM
    • 18th May 17, 11:02 PM
    You could use the cc for all your weekly spending and then transfer the cash you would have spent to pay off the store cards.
    Doomed I say we're all doomed.
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 19th May 17, 8:52 AM
    • 11,234 Posts
    • 8,400 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 19th May 17, 8:52 AM
    • 19th May 17, 8:52 AM
    The 2 options have already been mentioned

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/cut-loan-overdraft-costs

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/best-0-credit-cards
    • Helvetica Van Buren
    • By Helvetica Van Buren 19th May 17, 8:56 AM
    • 243 Posts
    • 341 Thanks
    Helvetica Van Buren
    • 19th May 17, 8:56 AM
    • 19th May 17, 8:56 AM
    You could use the cc for all your weekly spending and then transfer the cash you would have spent to pay off the store cards.
    Originally posted by venison
    That'll only be any good if the new card offers 0% on purchases.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,635Posts Today

7,782Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @KCMurdarasi: @MartinSLewis Only 2 fluently, but I can struggle by in another 5 or so. And ask the way to the toilet in about 10 - you d?

• Today's twitter poll: How many languages do you speak (inc Eng) with reasonable fluency (eg can have decent phone chat solely in that lang)

• RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• Follow Martin