Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sam4sam
    • By sam4sam 18th May 17, 2:52 PM
    • 33Posts
    • 4Thanks
    sam4sam
    0 WOW
    Malta car hire - suggestions please
    • 18th May 17, 2:52 PM
    0 WOW
    Malta car hire - suggestions please 18th May 17 at 2:52 PM
    I am off to Malta with my missus and 1 year old son in late August till early September for a week, looking to hire a car for the duration and to ideally collect it at the airport and drop it off at the airport.

There are so many options online, has anyone hired a car in Malta or otherwise have any tips on who to use for good value, safe and genuine car hire options?

Thanks!
    Sam
Page 1
    • DownTime
    • By DownTime 20th May 17, 12:16 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    DownTime
    • 20th May 17, 12:16 PM
    • 20th May 17, 12:16 PM
    Not Goldcar, for sure.
    Don't be drawn in by low headline rates. They'll get you on the 'extras'.

For safety, you can try AVIS and purchase your own car hire excess insurance(do this regardless of which company you choose).
    https://www.moneymaxim.co.uk/comparisons/car-hire-insurance to compare. Then you can clear cookies, go to the provider's website via Quidco.

There are a few local companies that may be cheaper, so perhaps you can wait for personal recommendations.
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 20th May 17, 12:19 PM
    • 6,432 Posts
    • 7,872 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 20th May 17, 12:19 PM
    • 20th May 17, 12:19 PM
    Check out the excellent bus services. You may not need a car.

I used Avis. £15 for three days in February and a shedload of Avios back. They were fine.

The roads were very busy. It has a very high cars per capita ratio and isn't a very big place.
    • DownTime
    • By DownTime 20th May 17, 12:31 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    DownTime
    • 20th May 17, 12:31 PM
    • 20th May 17, 12:31 PM
    Check out the excellent bus services. You may not need a car.

I used Avis. £15 for three days in February and a shedload of Avios back. They were fine.

The roads were very busy. It has a very high cars per capita ratio and isn't a very big place.
    Originally posted by PeacefulWaters

£5 per day??!! Booked via BA?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,263Posts Today

8,678Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: It's been everywhere, so why not here. Which Hogwart's house should you've been in (Ive put key traits to help)...

• Quick favour if uv graduated within around the last year. I could do with pic of a student loan statement (no personal info) inc interest

• RT @ValeOfLevenCU: Why not sign up to @MartinSLewis https://t.co/kxMBedCNNw weekly email for free, impartial tips? #ThriftyThursday http?

• Follow Martin