Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • itchyfeet80
    • By itchyfeet80 18th May 17, 2:45 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 35Thanks
    itchyfeet80
    Nationwide DIP
    • 18th May 17, 2:45 PM
    Nationwide DIP 18th May 17 at 2:45 PM
    I'm a FTB, single applicant and looking to apply for a DIP as I finally have my 10% deposit saved up, enough money for legal fees, etc and starting to look at houses. I'm just after a little bit of expert knowledge as I have a completely clear credit history apart from 4 consecutive missed payments on a closed Barclaycard account: showing as Feb 2014 (1), March 2014 (2), April 2014 (3), May 2014 (4) the account was then settled and closed in June 2014 and was for a few pounds. The closed account is on both my Equifax and Call Credit reports, but not on the Experian one and I saw that recently Nationwide now searches all 3 agencies.

I've also read that any late payments higher than a (3) within 36 months will affect eligibility: basically, I'm on the cusp of the 36 months limit, should I wait until next month to get my DIP or am I worrying unnecessarily? Any opinions would be gratefully received.
    10 a day in November challenge: 423.94/300
Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 18th May 17, 3:21 PM
    • 31,325 Posts
    • 16,736 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 18th May 17, 3:21 PM
    • 18th May 17, 3:21 PM
    Nationwide is Equifax and Call Credit. Experian got the boot first week in March.

No way of knowing what the result will be, it's suck it and see, I'm afraid.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

8Posts Today

4,161Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Who do you think came out best in the Corbyn v May battle tonight?

• Clever by Paxman; subtly testing out "strong & stable" by focusing on u-turns on Brexit view, social care, self employed tax & election date

• Ps sadly i got in too late to have seen Corbyn, hence why no comment on his performance

• Follow Martin