Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pepperoni
    • By Pepperoni 18th May 17, 2:18 PM
    • 448Posts
    • 1,262Thanks
    Pepperoni
    Redemption Statement - not inc recent months payments?
    • 18th May 17, 2:18 PM
    Redemption Statement - not inc recent months payments? 18th May 17 at 2:18 PM
    I'm in the process of selling my house and my solicitor has forwarded me a copy of my mortgage redemption statement. It was issued in March and valid until end of May. However it doesn't include my mortgage payments for March, April or May (which would obviously reduce the amount of mortgage outstanding).

Is this normal? I guess I need to speak to mortgage provider to ask them to keep it updated with said payments?

Page 1
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 18th May 17, 2:42 PM
    • 5,127 Posts
    • 4,765 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 18th May 17, 2:42 PM
    • 18th May 17, 2:42 PM
    The statement should say whether or not it assumes that you're continuing to make the monthly payments. Your solicitor can get an updated statement prior to completion anyway.
    Last edited by davidmcn; 18-05-2017 at 11:25 PM.
    • Lilla D
    • By Lilla D 19th May 17, 5:10 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    Lilla D
    • 19th May 17, 5:10 PM
    • 19th May 17, 5:10 PM
    You have to continue making mortgage payments until you get a confirmation from your current lender that the mortgage account is closed. Anything overpaid will be refunded to you. If you cancel your direct debit before they processed the account closure, then you may end up with a missed payment on your credit file. Because it takes a few days for the lender to register your payments, the settlement statement may not be up to date. It's normal and nothing to worry about.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,219Posts Today

8,622Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Just looking at the final(ish) Premier League table. The gap between the top seven and the rest is huge. Has it ever been more lopsided?

• Follow Martin