Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jckh14
    • By jckh14 18th May 17, 2:05 PM
    • 67Posts
    • 10Thanks
    jckh14
    Lloyds Choice Card/s
    • 18th May 17, 2:05 PM
    Lloyds Choice Card/s 18th May 17 at 2:05 PM
    I've been looking at the choice card/s by lloyds and I'm wondering if it a good card to have?

The point system seems fairly good and I also have a club lloyds account, which would half the yearly cost of £24 to £12.

Also the card currently has a 0% purchase offer for 29 month, so I could potentially stooze money in the club lloyds account at 2% plus get the cashback. This would cover the £12 and much more.

The card/s also have an offer of 10 point per £1 on AMEX, which would be doubled to 20 points per £1 in the first 6 month. It seems like a win win, has anyone came across any disadvantages to this offer from lloyds?
    Lloyds Platinum Card £2500 | Barclaycard Freedom £6000 (Debt Free and Stoozing)
Page 1
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 18th May 17, 6:28 PM
    • 23,984 Posts
    • 11,294 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 18th May 17, 6:28 PM
    • 18th May 17, 6:28 PM
    If you already hold at least £5k in the club Lloyds current account use your stooze pot to open a monthly saver (max £400 pm)
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 18th May 17, 6:50 PM
    • 2,041 Posts
    • 861 Thanks
    20aday
    • 18th May 17, 6:50 PM
    • 18th May 17, 6:50 PM
    I have one of these cards and the double points promotion was worth it as it helped me out at Christmas with some gift vouchers.

The card(s) are ideal for you if you spend at least £350/month on them (it's on their website) and they tend to give out credit limit increases every six months; when I opened my account last May I started off with £800 and by the end of this month it'll be £2050.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 19th May 17, 2:00 AM
    • 2,003 Posts
    • 877 Thanks
    Ben8282
    • 19th May 17, 2:00 AM
    • 19th May 17, 2:00 AM
    These cards are a satisfactory rewards/cashback product.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

244Posts Today

1,817Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin