Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Quids_Inn
    • By Quids_Inn 18th May 17, 12:51 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Quids_Inn
    Park Direct Uxbridge
    • 18th May 17, 12:51 PM
    Park Direct Uxbridge 18th May 17 at 12:51 PM
    I've received a PCN from PD Ltd. for a short stay in one of their car-parks. It was a Sunday and I used an empty space whilst going into a sandwich shop for breakfast (takeaway)

They have lots of signs in the car-park, which state they will use cameras as well as eyeballs, however I didn't see the sign until I came back from the shop. I estimate I was away from the car for about 5 minutes and when I read the sign on my return, I moved the car to a multi-storey around the corner (I'm not a native of Uxbridge and don't know the area well att all)

I've had a read of the newbie FAQ thread and will copy & past the first letter to IPC members (no POPLA) but am interested if anybody has any experience of PD Ltd. and how aggressive they are in pursuing £100 for 5-minute parking?
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 18th May 17, 1:55 PM
    • 40,521 Posts
    • 80,919 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 18th May 17, 1:55 PM
    • 18th May 17, 1:55 PM
    You are doing the right thing by sending the IPC template. To answer your question, your best bet is to contact the MBPA motoring charity website as they have information about most parking companies and how likely they are to do court

Someone may have that information for you anyway and be along soon.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th May 17, 11:49 PM
    • 51,818 Posts
    • 65,448 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 18th May 17, 11:49 PM
    • 18th May 17, 11:49 PM
    Always just Google 'BMPA Insight' with the name of the parking firm (or their acronym if they are known only by initials). You will find if any parking firm has any court 'form', which in most cases is minimal.

By the way, parking like that is why these firms get away with existing.

I hate and detest these firms but...don't use private land like that. Most Local Authority streets have somewhere you can legitimately park, especially on a Sunday if any single yellows or permit bays are not in operation (check signs).

Even a double yellow is OK if loading/collecting an item (as long as there are no kerb blips restricting loading). Any real CEO (Council) would have to observe the car for a minimum of 5 minutes on-street so you are safer (and OK) on a double yellow for brief collection of an item.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 18-05-2017 at 11:54 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Quids_Inn
    • By Quids_Inn 19th May 17, 2:05 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Quids_Inn
    • 19th May 17, 2:05 PM
    • 19th May 17, 2:05 PM
    Hmm, they've upped their court cases this year. Can't post the link to the stats as my post count is too low (forgot my old account details some time ago) but Googling the advice given by Coupon-mad gives an early hit.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th May 17, 10:13 PM
    • 51,818 Posts
    • 65,448 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th May 17, 10:13 PM
    • 19th May 17, 10:13 PM
    Well we still see every case won as reported here, we've had two today!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Quids_Inn
    • By Quids_Inn 22nd May 17, 2:28 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Quids_Inn
    • 22nd May 17, 2:28 PM
    • 22nd May 17, 2:28 PM
    How long should I wait before sending the email with the template text for IPC?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 22nd May 17, 2:55 PM
    • 15,945 Posts
    • 24,738 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 22nd May 17, 2:55 PM
    • 22nd May 17, 2:55 PM
    How long should I wait before sending the email with the template text for IPC?
    Originally posted by Quids_Inn
    If this was a windscreen ticket, and you are given 21 days to respond, then submit it around 18 days. If a NtK by post, it doesn't matter - send any time within their deadline, by the method required on the NtK.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

347Posts Today

2,609Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin