Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KSKnight
    • By KSKnight 18th May 17, 12:13 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    KSKnight
    Pcn!
    • 18th May 17, 12:13 PM
    Pcn! 18th May 17 at 12:13 PM
    Hi there

I am a bit stuck. I have read the newbie section but want to ask something specific.

I was parked in a hospital but was using my fathers car. I was issued two tickets after not displaying a valid ticket - did not have one! These were on two separate occasions. I actually work at the hospital and left a note that I have contacted security but I had forgotten to do so due to a busy shift.

Now I had paid the original PCNs but had missed the 14 day discount window. I had paid £40 for each PCN to CP-Plus. I have got both payment authorisation codes as well.

Now the letters have come under my fathers name saying PCN was not paid in full. My dad did tell me about the letters but I had been extremely busy with exams. Now I have had letters under my dads name from PCS and debt recovery.

They are now asking £80 for each PCN.

Where do I stand now? I want to ignore the letters or robustly respond but is it now too late as letters are under my dads name. I dont want my dads name to get blacklisted or go to court. How can I take the burden on my own name.

I have called them twice now to find out why I am being charged £80 each when I have already paid £40 each. I was told they had added their own charges but refused to tell me what and how much the charges were.
    Last edited by KSKnight; 18-05-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 18th May 17, 2:01 PM
    • 39,242 Posts
    • 78,398 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 18th May 17, 2:01 PM
    • 18th May 17, 2:01 PM
    You shouldn't have paid the scammers but done some research on how to beat unfair parking tickets. It's all in the NEWBIES sticky thread.

There is really nothing you can do now except pay a bunch of scammers and help fund their scam so they can scam more innocent victims, or ignore everything from now on except real court papers.

Nobody here will suggest you pay the scammers.

You should be hammering your employers asking why they are ignoring the Secretary of State's guidelines on NHS parking, as well as getting your Union involved if you have one. Parking scammers should not be allowed anywhere, let alone in a hospital.

You should also be complaining to your MP, Mrs May, and Andrew Jones MP. It's the only way this scam will be stopped.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th May 17, 11:24 PM
    • 46,961 Posts
    • 60,326 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 18th May 17, 11:24 PM
    • 18th May 17, 11:24 PM
    You are on a mugs' list because you paid them money. Next time, research things first!

Ignore these letters and tell Dad to just check each time that they are only debt collector drivel (which includes pseudo-solicitor letter headings). Come back if there is a claim to defend. DO NOT identify the driver.

A keeper is best placed to defend any claim v CP Plus because that firm can't hold him liable. Far, far better than a driver defendant and there's no risk of clamping (illegal) or a CCJ (doesn't happen unless the recipient of the letters ignores court papers or a court deadline/direction).

This is the action to take:

You should be hammering your employers asking why they are ignoring the Secretary of State's guidelines on NHS parking, as well as getting your Union involved if you have one. Parking scammers should not be allowed anywhere, let alone in a hospital.

You should also be complaining to your MP, Mrs May, and Andrew Jones MP. It's the only way this scam will be stopped.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 18-05-2017 at 11:26 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• KSKnight
    • By KSKnight 10th Jun 17, 12:16 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KSKnight
    • 10th Jun 17, 12:16 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 12:16 PM
    Got a letter from Debt Recovery saying as there has been no response they are writing to CP Plus again to take over and talk to their solicitors and take further action.

Also can my Dad still defend his case because he did not reply to any of the letters even when the letter said if you were not the driver to inform them
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th Jun 17, 12:21 PM
    • 14,450 Posts
    • 18,041 Thanks
    Redx
    • 10th Jun 17, 12:21 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 12:21 PM
    ignore drp , they are powerless and only sent out letters of harassment

the RK of the vehicle is the person who will be probably receiving the letters, so whoever is named on the letters will also be the one any other papers like court papers are issued to

it is unlikely that CP PLUS followed POFA2012 so as they dont know the person who was driving then he can defend himself and say he is not liable or responsible for the pcn charges
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 10th Jun 17, 2:03 PM
    • 2,149 Posts
    • 3,180 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 10th Jun 17, 2:03 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 2:03 PM
    Got a letter from Debt Recovery saying as there has been no response they are writing to CP Plus again to take over and talk to their solicitors and take further action.
    Originally posted by KSKnight
    They are lying, the last thing DRP want is for this to go back to CP Plus as they get no cut out of the scam.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,823Posts Today

9,366Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Emloy93: @MartinSLewis I did this! It 100% works ????????

• RT @Photo_Pete: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, I'll renew mine before my 24th in September!

• Tell any 23 yr olds... you're allowed to buy a 3 year 16-25 railcard the day before your 24th birthday then it's valid until ur almost 27 RT

• Follow Martin