Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • luaive
    • By luaive 18th May 17, 11:52 AM
    • 146Posts
    • 185Thanks
    luaive
    Twitter retweets
    • 18th May 17, 11:52 AM
    Twitter retweets 18th May 17 at 11:52 AM
    I have a quick question regarding twitter, now I understand someone retweeting a competition that is on my page, so they can enter also, but why would people retweet the message I put like a thanks for the competition #win. Not even people I'm following just some randomer!
Page 1
    • oliveoyl
    • By oliveoyl 18th May 17, 11:56 AM
    • 2,369 Posts
    • 77,901 Thanks
    oliveoyl
    • 18th May 17, 11:56 AM
    • 18th May 17, 11:56 AM
    Bots, set up to auto-retweet anything with certain words in - #win is a common one.
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
    • luaive
    • By luaive 18th May 17, 12:34 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 185 Thanks
    luaive
    • 18th May 17, 12:34 PM
    • 18th May 17, 12:34 PM
    Ah okay time to send a message then
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 18th May 17, 3:39 PM
    • 2,838 Posts
    • 15,948 Thanks
    Misslayed
    • 18th May 17, 3:39 PM
    • 18th May 17, 3:39 PM
    When I'm feeling peeved at twitter bots I post "You won't #win a #prize or a #competition if you #retweet this post". Just for fun
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a (novice) Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,548Posts Today

9,127Users online

Martin's Twitter