Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sirok
    • By Sirok 18th May 17, 11:13 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Sirok
    International transfer - cheapest way to transfer large number of euros to pounds?
    • 18th May 17, 11:13 AM
    International transfer - cheapest way to transfer large number of euros to pounds? 18th May 17 at 11:13 AM
    We have just come into some inheritance money in Germany, about €60-70,000, which we would like to transfer to England ASAP.

However we have been advised by friends that picking the right method of transfer can make a big difference to how much of the money we actually end up with. Is a straightforward bank transfer ever the best option? Or are there special money transfer companies or online services which can provide better rates and lower fees?

Note: I realise that this post doesn't precisely fit the topic of crown currency exchange. However I have looked through all the topics on this forum and decided that this one is the closet match to my post. If you can advise me on a better topic to post under I will happily post there instead!

Many thanks for your answers!
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 18th May 17, 10:28 PM
    • 7,790 Posts
    • 7,885 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 18th May 17, 10:28 PM
    • 18th May 17, 10:28 PM
    Why is a company that went bust some years ago taking many customers money with it any kind of your your best option?

Do you really want to lose it all?
    • Sirok
    • By Sirok 19th May 17, 3:44 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Sirok
    • 19th May 17, 3:44 PM
    • 19th May 17, 3:44 PM
    Thanks - no I certainly don't want to lose it all! Which company(s) did that?
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 20th May 17, 11:55 AM
    • 7,790 Posts
    • 7,885 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 20th May 17, 11:55 AM
    • 20th May 17, 11:55 AM
    Crown Currency Exchange! Which is why this forum is here.

You read the stickies, no?
    • Sirok
    • By Sirok 23rd May 17, 11:31 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Sirok
    • 23rd May 17, 11:31 AM
    • 23rd May 17, 11:31 AM
    Oh I see. I had never heard of the company "Crown Currency Exchange", and thought this topic was referring to the currency of countries like Sweden and Norway which use the crown. Nor did I see an explanation in any stickies. I was wondering where the equivalent for euros was.

Anyway, I have reposted under Budgeting and Bank Accounts, which seems to have been the right choice.
    Last edited by Sirok; 23-05-2017 at 11:35 AM.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 23rd May 17, 12:08 PM
    • 7,790 Posts
    • 7,885 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 23rd May 17, 12:08 PM
    • 23rd May 17, 12:08 PM
    Nor did I see an explanation in any stickies.

Anyway, I have reposted under Budgeting and Bank Accounts, which seems to have been the right choice.
    Originally posted by Sirok
    Not even this one:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2772168

Yes, that's a much better board for your question
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

711Posts Today

5,967Users online

Martin's Twitter