Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Clairey_Wairey
    • By Clairey_Wairey 18th May 17, 10:51 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Clairey_Wairey
    Car loan while in IVA?
    • 18th May 17, 10:51 AM
    Car loan while in IVA? 18th May 17 at 10:51 AM
    My husbands had a company car but his employer now wishes to take the cars back and give employees a car allowance instead. In another situation. This would be great but we cannot get a lease or loan anywhere due to the IVA.
    Can anyone suggest any way we might be able to get finance as we will be able to afford it as the company will give us the money but we're really stick as to where to go!
Page 1
    • Ebe Scrooge
    • By Ebe Scrooge 18th May 17, 11:22 AM
    • 3,972 Posts
    • 3,391 Thanks
    Ebe Scrooge
    • 18th May 17, 11:22 AM
    • 18th May 17, 11:22 AM
    Could you ask the employer if they'll give you a loan ? It's a long shot, but may be worth asking. They may be a little more willing to lend than a more traditional lender, especially as they could deduct the monthly repayments from your husband's salary directly.
    I may not know much about art, but I know what I like.
    • anniecave
    • By anniecave 18th May 17, 11:41 AM
    • 2,153 Posts
    • 685 Thanks
    anniecave
    • 18th May 17, 11:41 AM
    • 18th May 17, 11:41 AM
    You'll also need to consider insurance (as I assume this would have been provided with the company car). The loan option could work well if he doesn't need a new car, he could buy an older car so the loan need not be for a long period of time. Alternatively your husband could ask if they could re-consider in this specific case - they may be keeping some company cars so if for example he had only a small vehicle (cheaper than the allowance would be) then they may be more likely to consider. Ask nicely and explain why.
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,093Posts Today

6,389Users online

Martin's Twitter