Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pana89
    • By Pana89 18th May 17, 10:23 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Pana89
    Wrong Reg number on Council Ticket
    • 18th May 17, 10:23 AM
    Wrong Reg number on Council Ticket 18th May 17 at 10:23 AM
    Good morning all.
    I have just got a ticket with the wrong reg number on the ticket ie:
    ticket says RI 14 *** and my reg is actually R114

Is this ticket now invalid and can do i appeal it or just ignore it, as they have obviously got the wrong reg on the ticket?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Patrick
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 18th May 17, 10:42 AM
    • 38,951 Posts
    • 77,718 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 18th May 17, 10:42 AM
    • 18th May 17, 10:42 AM
    You would be better off posting this on pepipoo.com as they are the council/police motoring experts whereas we tend to deal with private parking matters here.

Read the FAQs on pepipoo and post both sides of your redacted PCN. You will need an email address to register, but for some reason Hotmail accounts don't work.

Personally I think this is worth appealing, and pepipoo have a good record of beating incorrectly issued PCNs.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 18th May 17, 11:06 AM
    • 7,011 Posts
    • 6,987 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 18th May 17, 11:06 AM
    • 18th May 17, 11:06 AM
    Wrong number is fatal to any council ticket IIRC. They cannot go-back and correct it from a photo/CCTV or any other kind of record.

So sit tight to see if you actually get an NTK from them - Which with a worng reg should be difficult as the DVLA won't return the correct personal info. Then consider your appeal/PATAS options

If you do need to go further, then going to Pepipoo is the best advice and be ready to post-up all the info they ask for, incl depersonalised scans of both sides of the ticket in case there are other errors. Also I'd expect you would be insisting on seeing the patrollers contemporaneous notes at any appeal/PATAS.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th May 17, 6:57 PM
    • 45,902 Posts
    • 58,907 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 18th May 17, 6:57 PM
    • 18th May 17, 6:57 PM
    Good morning all.
    I have just got a ticket with the wrong reg number on the ticket ie:
    ticket says RI 14 *** and my reg is actually R114

Is this ticket now invalid and can do i appeal it or just ignore it, as they have obviously got the wrong reg on the ticket?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Patrick
    Originally posted by Pana89

I agree with the others. At second stage appeal this will be cancelled. Post here:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

ONLY post with pics of the PCN, BOTH sides (all small print on the back) and no hotmail email addies can register.

HTH
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

175Posts Today

1,275Users online

Martin's Twitter