Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • adonis10
    • By adonis10 18th May 17, 9:18 AM
    • 1,277Posts
    • 142Thanks
    adonis10
    Advocate 80 for cats - flea treatment
    • 18th May 17, 9:18 AM
    Advocate 80 for cats - flea treatment 18th May 17 at 9:18 AM
    Attempted to buy the following as it is highway robbery when buying from the VET, however they replied to say a prescription is required. I sent a copy of the previous prescription when we bought it from the VET (and got fleeced) the first time and so assumed that would be enough, apparently not. Anyone bought this off the web and had similar issues? This is something that is required every month therefore surely we don't have to get the same prescription from the VET on a monthly basis? Although I wouldn't be surprised as it is an easy little income stream for them.

http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/advocate-80-for-large-cats-4-8kg-pack-of-3.html
Page 1
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 18th May 17, 12:52 PM
    • 3,530 Posts
    • 36,077 Thanks
    Katiehound
    • 18th May 17, 12:52 PM
    • 18th May 17, 12:52 PM
    Never had the need but I think you are able to ask the vet to write a prescription for 3 months supply (maybe 6?) but of course you will need to pay for that!
    Despite that it still may work out cheaper to buy online
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!

If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Thank You
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

413Posts Today

4,320Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin