Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 18th May 17, 6:06 AM
    • 2,731Posts
    • 36,577Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Thursday 18 May 2017
    • 18th May 17, 6:06 AM
    O/S Daily Thursday 18 May 2017 18th May 17 at 6:06 AM
    O/S Daily Thursday 18 May 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Light cloud with sun trying to break through, very wet underfoot, laying water everywhere but at least it's stopped raining.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS1 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was beef stew and dumplings, potatoes and veg, victoria sponge for those that wanted some. Tonight I'm not sure what we're having but will organise it on my way back from town, I need to visit the building society and bank then have a nail appointment and will stop off at MrL on the way home, or I'll visit the butchers whilst in town.

I have all the normal chores to do today, and loads of washing, I'll be putting as much out on the line as possible, and some in the TD as there's so much - I won't be able to get it all line dried if I don't use the TD to some extent, not ideal but needs must. Housework needs doing, there will be ironing etc too. Will just potter along and get it done.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 18-05-2017 at 6:20 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 18th May 17, 2:54 PM
    • 2,085 Posts
    • 31,606 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Nelski - thinking of you and yours x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

June GC £250/£75.00
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 18th May 17, 3:11 PM
    • 657 Posts
    • 2,020 Thanks
    I Love comps
    Nelski I have never posted on here. My Father died many years ago when I was only 17. Recently I saw a Teddy Bear made out of someone late Fathers jumper. So it may be worth keeping those clothes as you may wish to do something like this later as a keepsake.
    Thinking of you Nelski xx
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 18th May 17, 5:42 PM
    • 9,420 Posts
    • 101,853 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Nelski I have never posted on here. My Father died many years ago when I was only 17. Recently I saw a Teddy Bear made out of someone late Fathers jumper. So it may be worth keeping those clothes as you may wish to do something like this later as a keepsake.
    Thinking of you Nelski xx
    Originally posted by I Love comps
    One of the ladies on the Flylady thread lost her husband tragically young, and she made Teddy Bears for both of their young children from some of his t-shirts.

I have no experience of your situation Nelski as I'm estranged from all my blood relatives, but you are in my thoughts. x
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • Gers
    • By Gers 18th May 17, 6:05 PM
    • 5,452 Posts
    • 31,221 Thanks
    Gers
    Afternoon.

My morning was lovely and quiet, no troublesome teens to disrupt the harmony and hard work. We had an adorable fluffy 10 week old puppy come to visit though. Already this tiny Golden Retriever has learnt to sit on command. I gave her a treat for it so she kept padding back to my room for more.

I put a small wash on this morning as I spilt tea on my duvet cover last night. Again, no rain so it dried well.

My new hydrangea petolaris arrived today so I've worked my socks off in the garden to plant it out. The soil next to the north facing wall has a layer of plastic just under the surface and the earth is FULL of stones, slate, bricks, broken pottery etc so it was tough going. Got it done and hammered a couple of nails into the mortar to tie guiding string for the plant to the wall.

I then had to water the garden again and soaked the new plant. Now I'm rewarding myself with a glass of wine, this time one I enjoy.

As for the clothes, I've seen people make cushion covers from a passed one's favourite jumper / shirt / blouse. Thoughts and hugs all round.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

175Posts Today

1,423Users online

Martin's Twitter