Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Alloneword
    • By Alloneword 18th May 17, 1:20 AM
    • 294Posts
    • 349Thanks
    Alloneword
    Longest guarantee for new frost free fridge freezer
    • 18th May 17, 1:20 AM
    Longest guarantee for new frost free fridge freezer 18th May 17 at 1:20 AM
    So t would seem my old trusty hoover fridge freezer has died after 12 years , anyhow we have one of those Domestic & General policies that means they will give £XXX towards a new one, so looking at new ones now and was wondering what manf does the longest warranty i know Hoover do a 10 year deal on parts only but was wondering does anyone else know about longggg warranty or manf that have superb reliability.

All1
Page 1
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 18th May 17, 7:22 AM
    • 22,386 Posts
    • 87,028 Thanks
    Davesnave
    • 18th May 17, 7:22 AM
    • 18th May 17, 7:22 AM
    Guarantees are one thing, but your costs will also be determined by the overall efficiency of the appliance in its lifetime....and frost-free tends to be less efficient.

My f/f is rated A+++ but I couldn't find a frost free model with that rating.
    Working subliminally.
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 18th May 17, 9:57 AM
    • 28,801 Posts
    • 17,223 Thanks
    getmore4less
    • 18th May 17, 9:57 AM
    • 18th May 17, 9:57 AM
    Guarantees are one thing, but your costs will also be determined by the overall efficiency of the appliance in its lifetime....and frost-free tends to be less efficient.

My f/f is rated A+++ but I couldn't find a frost free model with that rating.
    Originally posted by Davesnave
    only 16 on AO

http://ao.com/l/fridge_freezers-free_standing-aplusplusplus-frost_free/1-9-40-82/26-28/?pagesize=12
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 18th May 17, 11:21 AM
    • 22,386 Posts
    • 87,028 Thanks
    Davesnave
    • 18th May 17, 11:21 AM
    • 18th May 17, 11:21 AM
    Not quite, but I take your point that things have moved on in the last two years or so. I used AO as my source then, but bought via the kitchen company, as they were cheaper by far.

All of them are over £200 more than I paid, which is 7 years of running costs, never mind those £1k more!
    Working subliminally.
    • macman
    • By macman 18th May 17, 2:03 PM
    • 40,881 Posts
    • 16,691 Thanks
    macman
    • 18th May 17, 2:03 PM
    • 18th May 17, 2:03 PM
    Miele offer two years as standard, and you can extend it to 10 years for the bargain price of just £349...
    JL offer two years on all large electricals.
    But in reality you just don't need this cover. White goods are very reliable these days, and if there is a manufacturing fault, it's likely to develop inside the first two years. Even more so with a fridge/freezer, which has very litle that can go wrong.
    Hoover offer a 5 year parts only warranty: the catch is that the 'free' parts have to be supplied and fitted by a Hoover service agent, and the inflated labour costs will more than cover the cost of the parts.
    Last edited by macman; 18-05-2017 at 2:07 PM.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 18th May 17, 2:50 PM
    • 22,386 Posts
    • 87,028 Thanks
    Davesnave
    • 18th May 17, 2:50 PM
    • 18th May 17, 2:50 PM
    White goods are very reliable these days, and if there is a manufacturing fault, it's likely to develop inside the first two years.
    Originally posted by macman
    I think they've been reliable for a long while.

I bought our first f/f in 1977 and we were still using it in the noughties. It was the door rubber, not the electrics/ mechanicals, that finally gave up.
    Working subliminally.
    • Alloneword
    • By Alloneword 18th May 17, 9:02 PM
    • 294 Posts
    • 349 Thanks
    Alloneword
    • 18th May 17, 9:02 PM
    • 18th May 17, 9:02 PM
    Miele offer two years as standard, and you can extend it to 10 years for the bargain price of just £349...
    Don't take this the wrong way macman but unsure if your being sarcastic or not but i think that is not a bad deal given what i have been paying out as of late with D&G.

But in reality you just don't need this cover. White goods are very reliable these days, and if there is a manufacturing fault, it's likely to develop inside the first two years. Even more so with a fridge/freezer, which has very litle that can go wrong.
    Yea are last one has lasted 12 years i think so not too bad but just worried about shelling out what for me is a serious amount of money on a white good and just what the best reliability i can get.

All1
    • MisterP123
    • By MisterP123 18th May 17, 9:12 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    MisterP123
    • 18th May 17, 9:12 PM
    • 18th May 17, 9:12 PM

My f/f
    Originally posted by Davesnave
    Fridge Freezer? Frost Free? Frost Free Fridge Freezer? Fridge Frosty Freezer Free? Free Fridge Frosty Freezer?!?!?
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 19th May 17, 6:41 AM
    • 22,386 Posts
    • 87,028 Thanks
    Davesnave
    • 19th May 17, 6:41 AM
    • 19th May 17, 6:41 AM
    Fridge Freezer? Frost Free? Frost Free Fridge Freezer? Fridge Frosty Freezer Free? Free Fridge Frosty Freezer?!?!?
    Originally posted by MisterP123
    Use the context cues. (c/c)
    Working subliminally.
    • vansboy
    • By vansboy 19th May 17, 7:32 PM
    • 6,058 Posts
    • 4,295 Thanks
    vansboy
    Ikea have five years warranty as standard.
    http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/appliances/fridges-freezers/kylig-fridge-freezer-a-no-frost-stainless-steel-art-00282354/

Not a huge range, but will represent good value if you were to buy additional warranty cover.

VB
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

174Posts Today

1,413Users online

Martin's Twitter