Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cocohdu
    • By Cocohdu 17th May 17, 10:22 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Cocohdu
    Deed pole name change
    • 17th May 17, 10:22 PM
    Deed pole name change 17th May 17 at 10:22 PM
    Ok. Hello.

Theoretically speaking if one was to change there name via deed pole and declare them selves as bank rupt and change their name surely they would get a new credit file right this including they apply for a new passport registered to a new address, am I right in thinking this.

Although not sure if they'd need to declare bank rupt.
Page 1
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 18th May 17, 5:22 AM
    • 2,071 Posts
    • 914 Thanks
    Ben8282
    • 18th May 17, 5:22 AM
    • 18th May 17, 5:22 AM
    This would be fraud.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 18th May 17, 5:39 AM
    • 14,154 Posts
    • 14,855 Thanks
    zx81
    • 18th May 17, 5:39 AM
    • 18th May 17, 5:39 AM
    surely they would get a new credit file right this including they apply for a new passport registered to a new address, am I right in thinking this.
    Originally posted by Cocohdu
    No.

As a rule of thumb, any question that starts with 'surely' can always be answered with 'no'.
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 18th May 17, 6:53 AM
    • 3,092 Posts
    • 2,054 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    • 18th May 17, 6:53 AM
    • 18th May 17, 6:53 AM
    Theoretically speaking if one was to change there name via deed pole and declare them selves as bank rupt and change their name surely they would get a new credit file right this including they apply for a new passport registered to a new address, am I right in thinking this.

Although not sure if they'd need to declare bank rupt.
    Originally posted by Cocohdu
    Is this thoery connected to your other threads?

Lloyds closed my account for no reason

Severe debt at 19. Help and advice needed.
    • GarthThomas
    • By GarthThomas 18th May 17, 7:06 AM
    • 147 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    GarthThomas
    • 18th May 17, 7:06 AM
    • 18th May 17, 7:06 AM
    Is there a positive correlation between stupidly and dishonesty? There seems to be a lot of people who've got themselves into trouble who simply seem to have no moral compass.
    • meer53
    • By meer53 18th May 17, 8:01 AM
    • 8,950 Posts
    • 12,989 Thanks
    meer53
    • 18th May 17, 8:01 AM
    • 18th May 17, 8:01 AM
    BTW it's Deed Poll. It's also a terrible idea.
    • Brock_and_Roll
    • By Brock_and_Roll 18th May 17, 9:06 AM
    • 770 Posts
    • 738 Thanks
    Brock_and_Roll
    • 18th May 17, 9:06 AM
    • 18th May 17, 9:06 AM
    In fairness the OP is young and has acknowledged spending mistakes of the past in other posts. Also, as not working due to injury, has no means to pay debts.

Technically there is nothing to stop a change of name by Deed Poll, however, these are advertised in the London Gazette so I do not do know if any CRA take data from this source.

Also if the deed poll change is done whilst bankrupt or in a DRO then the person would have to notify each creditor.

So in theory I guess, there is nothing to stop a person changing their name then getting all other documents changed e.g. bank account, passports, utility bills etc, electoral role...and if very lucky you might be able to create a "blankish" credit record - which in itself is not a good thing!

Definitely not something to advise, however, in the OP's case!
    • KILL BILL
    • By KILL BILL 18th May 17, 10:22 AM
    • 2,088 Posts
    • 1,285 Thanks
    KILL BILL
    • 18th May 17, 10:22 AM
    • 18th May 17, 10:22 AM
    In fairness the OP is young and has acknowledged spending mistakes of the past in other posts. Also, as not working due to injury, has no means to pay debts.

Technically there is nothing to stop a change of name by Deed Poll, however, these are advertised in the London Gazette so I do not do know if any CRA take data from this source.

Also if the deed poll change is done whilst bankrupt or in a DRO then the person would have to notify each creditor.

So in theory I guess, there is nothing to stop a person changing their name then getting all other documents changed e.g. bank account, passports, utility bills etc, electoral role...and if very lucky you might be able to create a "blankish" credit record - which in itself is not a good thing!

Definitely not something to advise, however, in the OP's case!
    Originally posted by Brock_and_Roll
    Deed Poll names are not always advertised in the London Gazeette that is down to the person who wants to change their name.

A deed poll is a document which has to be witnessed by 2 people and does not have to be endorsed by a solicitor or done through the gov website hence saving people money if they do it this way
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,790Posts Today

7,399Users online

Martin's Twitter