Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DMP_Newbie_91
    • By DMP_Newbie_91 17th May 17, 9:50 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    DMP_Newbie_91
    DMP Help!!
    • 17th May 17, 9:50 PM
    DMP Help!! 17th May 17 at 9:50 PM
    Hey Everyone -- Newbie here!

Looking for some advice on my DMP of anyone would be so kind to help!

Entered into a DMP with StepChange back in Jan/Feb time. Total debts around £27,000 and currently paying back £716 each month. So far so good!

In order to get rid of this debt ASAP I've picked up some extra work part time and am able to save along side my regular incomings.

My question is - am I better giving this money to StepChange on a monthly basis? Or would I be better saving up till the end of the year and pay a bigger sum? Or shall I wait till I'm almost near the end of my DMP and use the money to settle earlier?

Not really sure what is the best option and just want to do what will be more beneficial and get the debt paid off quicker!

Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 17th May 17, 10:20 PM
    • 10,883 Posts
    • 10,554 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 17th May 17, 10:20 PM
    • 17th May 17, 10:20 PM
    Save and settle when you can, for the best deal you can, that should be your goal.
    Last edited by sourcrates; 17-05-2017 at 11:01 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

164Posts Today

1,134Users online

Martin's Twitter