Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stuart30
    • By stuart30 17th May 17, 9:23 PM
    • 495Posts
    • 213Thanks
    stuart30
    M & S switch deal.
    • 17th May 17, 9:23 PM
    M & S switch deal. 17th May 17 at 9:23 PM
    Ok so just phone M&S to switch accounts..have set up two direct debits which are due out this month.

M&S said they have to be active and have money drawn against them at least once.

Need-to-knows

To get the £125 gift card you must open the account and fully switch your account using M&S Bank's switching service within three months.

You need to switch at least two active direct debits to qualify for the bonus (an active direct debit is one that's paid out in the last 13 months, or – if it's never paid out – one that's less than 13 months old).

Quoted the highlighted and was told who ever told you that is wrong,ive checked with manager and that isnt the case.

Well confused me...ok so gotta wait another 2 weeks so not end of the world,just slightly annoyed.
    Last edited by stuart30; 18-05-2017 at 9:05 AM.
Page 1
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 17th May 17, 9:50 PM
    • 128 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    Mchambers
    • 17th May 17, 9:50 PM
    • 17th May 17, 9:50 PM
    I was advised of the the above many weeks ago. So I just waited a few weeks and then did the transfer.

Still waiting for the £50 bonus but should get this soon.
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 17th May 17, 9:53 PM
    • 29,144 Posts
    • 16,946 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    • 17th May 17, 9:53 PM
    • 17th May 17, 9:53 PM
    Ask the "Manager" to put that in writing, on M&S Bank headed paper. Better still, ask them to point you to the relevant condition in the switching incentive T&Cs.

I've had duff information provided many times by bank staff. Some of it from bank staff who post on here!

In short, if it isn't in writing it isn't applicable.
    • stuart30
    • By stuart30 17th May 17, 10:29 PM
    • 495 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    stuart30
    • 17th May 17, 10:29 PM
    • 17th May 17, 10:29 PM
    Ask the "Manager" to put that in writing, on M&S Bank headed paper. Better still, ask them to point you to the relevant condition in the switching incentive T&Cs.

I've had duff information provided many times by bank staff. Some of it from bank staff who post on here!

In short, if it isn't in writing it isn't applicable.
    Originally posted by YorkshireBoy
    Sadly the people who do the switch "Current account team" seem to think they are wright and MSE is wrong.

Call is recorded and i ask several times are you sure as this will be raised with MSE and she said yes 100%.

Whilst might not be applicable as they haven't given it in writing...they still wont do it

However ive just phoned again and said "show me the "T&C"S and the very very nice helpfull guy said yes no problem...one second whilst i read them and yes sir...oh umm well i wasnt aware of that...""

Then goes onto say he was wrong and would raise it as none of his colleages knew about the 13 month rule.

So all been processed and should be ok...if it fails then at least ive got it all recorded.
    Last edited by stuart30; 17-05-2017 at 10:57 PM.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 18th May 17, 7:43 AM
    • 17,666 Posts
    • 13,369 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 18th May 17, 7:43 AM
    • 18th May 17, 7:43 AM
    So you've now had confirmation that M&S were wrong, and therefore MSE was right, in which case you need to amend your thread title.
    • stuart30
    • By stuart30 18th May 17, 9:05 AM
    • 495 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    stuart30
    • 18th May 17, 9:05 AM
    • 18th May 17, 9:05 AM
    So you've now had confirmation that M&S were wrong, and therefore MSE was right, in which case you need to amend your thread title.
    Originally posted by agrinnall
    Thank you..wasn't aware you could.

Only been here 10yrs...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

434Posts Today

4,221Users online

Martin's Twitter