Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saferider
    • By saferider 17th May 17, 7:51 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 0Thanks
    saferider
    Building control
    • 17th May 17, 7:51 PM
    Building control 17th May 17 at 7:51 PM
    Hi,

I have recently done a extension and installed a new boiler, I received my part p certificate for electrical, what should I get for my boiler, builder gave me a landlord/home owner gas safety certificate, is that enough for buiding control.

should I be getting some certificate from gas safe register?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Alex1983
    • By Alex1983 17th May 17, 8:22 PM
    • 341 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    Alex1983
    • 17th May 17, 8:22 PM
    • 17th May 17, 8:22 PM
    Yes when the boiler was installed the installer should of registered it with gas safe and then you would receive a building regulation compliance notice.
    • TheCyclingProgrammer
    • By TheCyclingProgrammer 17th May 17, 9:40 PM
    • 2,579 Posts
    • 1,440 Thanks
    TheCyclingProgrammer
    • 17th May 17, 9:40 PM
    • 17th May 17, 9:40 PM
    It should also only take a few weeks to come through. If in doubt ring Gas Safe and ask if it has been registered. If it hasn't get back to the person who installed it.
    • Chanes
    • By Chanes 18th May 17, 4:21 PM
    • 841 Posts
    • 522 Thanks
    Chanes
    • 18th May 17, 4:21 PM
    • 18th May 17, 4:21 PM
    It took more than a few months for my building compliance for my boiler to come through and the reason was simple, the fitter hadn't completed the paperwork and did nothing until I asked where it was! It's registered and can be searched on the local council website now.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,337Posts Today

7,807Users online

Martin's Twitter