Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • smiledotcom
    • By smiledotcom 17th May 17, 7:49 PM
    • 29Posts
    • 22Thanks
    smiledotcom
    Have sent defence statement to CCBC. Now what?
    • 17th May 17, 7:49 PM
    Have sent defence statement to CCBC. Now what? 17th May 17 at 7:49 PM
    The CCBC issued a claim wrt a CEL PCN (21 Feb).

I acknowledged service in time.

I filed my defence statement (electronically) in time.

CCBC acknowledged receipt of my electronic defence statement (on 21 March). I also phoned CCBC to make absolutely sure they had received it!

And I haven't heard anything back since then. Nothing in the post. What now?

I don't seem to be able to check the progress of this claim online. I would like to know whether or not it has been "stayed"

Do I have any way of checking this online or do I need to phone CCBC?

Also, can anyone tell me how long CEL have, after I've issued my defence statement, to proceed with the claim or drop it?

Thanks in advance,
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th May 17, 8:00 PM
    • 13,092 Posts
    • 20,393 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 17th May 17, 8:00 PM
    • 17th May 17, 8:00 PM
    Phone the court - they're usually very helpful.

Have you read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 which describes the small claims court process?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 17th May 17, 8:14 PM
    • 672 Posts
    • 1,440 Thanks
    Lamilad
    • 17th May 17, 8:14 PM
    • 17th May 17, 8:14 PM
    Rather than starting a new thread everytime there's an update on your case just add to the original one which already contains background information, advice and discussion.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5619888
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,928Posts Today

8,015Users online

Martin's Twitter