Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • greenlightluke
    • By greenlightluke 17th May 17, 7:24 PM
    • 144Posts
    • 34Thanks
    greenlightluke
    Removing default after fraudulent application
    • 17th May 17, 7:24 PM
    Removing default after fraudulent application 17th May 17 at 7:24 PM
    Hey,

Funny story: so I get my credit score every month via Barclaycard and it was 800+ then shot down suddenly to 400, then to 200. I didn't think anything of it (stupid me) but I thought it was just a number and paid it no mind.

So I recently discovered via a phone call from a debt collector that I've had 2 Tesco contracts taken out in September 2016 in my name - as I wasn't aware of the debt it has naturally defaulted.

I contacted Tesco and gave them all the relevant details and received a text today from O2 to say that they have cancelled the Tesco accounts, my credit file will be updated shortly and I will receive a letter.

Now I'm going to assume that they will remove the defaults from my credit files - will this increase my score to where it was or because I defaulted (regardless of how) my score will remain in the 200's?

I understand that if you default it stays on the account for 6 years, is this the same if it was fraud related?

Thanks in advance.
    First Direct Loan: 4100 remaining
    AMEX: 1300 remaining.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,508Posts Today

6,755Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin