Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CanItGetWorse
    • By CanItGetWorse 17th May 17, 6:57 PM
    • 66Posts
    • 24Thanks
    CanItGetWorse
    After Bankruptcy drops off altogether. Then what??
    • 17th May 17, 6:57 PM
    After Bankruptcy drops off altogether. Then what?? 17th May 17 at 6:57 PM
    The end is in sight, in July it'll be 6 years since I declared bankruptcy. It was a straightforward one with an automatic discharge a year later. All files have been cleaned up and I've behaved myself with my Vanquis card and phone contract since then. Could I have advice about my.credit score? Will it miraculously go up a month later? Or has it been an underwhelming process for those of you who've been through it? I'm not looking to go wild, I'm just concerned my old banger has died and I'm car free at the moment, it would be lovely to buy and actual car I can drive though!
Page 1
    • Mouse007
    • By Mouse007 17th May 17, 11:57 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Mouse007
    • 17th May 17, 11:57 PM
    • 17th May 17, 11:57 PM
    my credit score went wild, from v bad to excellent, within a month... nuts, just nuts
    • LincsPaul
    • By LincsPaul 18th May 17, 12:54 AM
    • 70 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    LincsPaul
    • 18th May 17, 12:54 AM
    • 18th May 17, 12:54 AM
    my credit score went wild, from v bad to excellent, within a month... nuts, just nuts
    Originally posted by Mouse007
    Did you do anything to help that? Makes sense of course though.

Does anybody have any examples of applications for finance where they ask 'have you ever been declared bankrupt' even if it's 20 years ago?
    • mwarby
    • By mwarby 18th May 17, 7:48 AM
    • 801 Posts
    • 301 Thanks
    mwarby
    • 18th May 17, 7:48 AM
    • 18th May 17, 7:48 AM
    The bankruptcy coming off in itself will remove a huge negative marker, the defaults coming off at the same time will make the effect even bigger. The vanquis etc will help, but nothing is gonna have quite the same effect on your score as bankruptcy and defaults
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,567Posts Today

7,606Users online

Martin's Twitter