Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • peterkay369
    • By peterkay369 17th May 17, 5:37 PM
    • 160Posts
    • 68Thanks
    peterkay369
    Interview for BRO?
    • 17th May 17, 5:37 PM
    Interview for BRO? 17th May 17 at 5:37 PM
    Hi all,

I have been invited to an interview at my OR's office to determine whether or not they will be pursuing a BRO against me.

Is this a common thing? I've never heard of it before, only it being a case of a letter being sent informing you that you will be getting one.

Also, I won't be able to attend the interview either as I cant get any time off until August, they have given hardly any notice of requirement to attend the interview (less than a week) will this be an issue?

Cheers
    PK
Page 1
    • luvchocolate
    • By luvchocolate 18th May 17, 8:56 AM
    • 1,464 Posts
    • 1,313 Thanks
    luvchocolate
    • 18th May 17, 8:56 AM
    • 18th May 17, 8:56 AM
    Hi, have you asked them if this can rescheduled? I would want to be there to put my side forward.
  • National Debtline
    • 18th May 17, 3:04 PM
    • 18th May 17, 3:04 PM
    Hi peterkay369

You do have a duty to cooperate with the OR, including attending interviews. You should call them straight away and explain the issues you will have with attending on that date.

As for the interview itself, sometimes the OR may just need further information or need to ask you more questions. Don’t worry, just provide all the details they ask for and answer the questions honestly.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • peterkay369
    • By peterkay369 18th May 17, 6:07 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    peterkay369
    • 18th May 17, 6:07 PM
    • 18th May 17, 6:07 PM
    Hi thanks for your replies.
    I have spoken with my employer and they will allow me to attend the interview but they need more notice as it means I will have to have a full day off work. The ORs office is over 2 hours away from me so I will need a full day off work, so going to lose a full days pay! Just what I needed when Im already counting the pennies ☹
    • A4445
    • By A4445 20th May 17, 10:22 AM
    • 602 Posts
    • 279 Thanks
    A4445
    • 20th May 17, 10:22 AM
    • 20th May 17, 10:22 AM
    I had a face to face interview and was given a BRU so it's not abnormal. The wanted to go thought my spending in detail, nothing to worry about, they were professional and non judgemental.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

625Posts Today

5,987Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin