Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 17th May 17, 3:53 PM
    • 57Posts
    • 6Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier OneSelect
    • 17th May 17, 3:53 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier OneSelect 17th May 17 at 3:53 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 2
    • Seaside-lake
    • By Seaside-lake 4th Jan 18, 6:14 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Moved energies in August 2017 this went without any problems they kept me up to date with procedures. Gave them meter readings when asked for. Problem occurred when I found my old supplier Avro was using a higher reading for electric than what was supplied. One select took this on board and chased Avro . They kept me informed as to what was happening. Have now amended the start figure they used and credited the difference. You can now access your account and supply readings on line.
    • orcocan
    • By orcocan 7th Feb 18, 11:27 AM
    • 241 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    I switched to Oneselect a few months ago and the switch was far from being pain-free as EDF tried to overcharge me on my final bill. It was only resolved after repeated formal complaints.

As far as Oneselect goes, i have nothing bad to say so overall I'm very happy about their tariff which is A LOT lower than my previous one. Admittedly i have not had any need for particular customer support (although they were polilte and helpful the one time I needed to call them) so I'm not sure how good it is but given how dreadful the EDF customer support was at the end I'll happily pay less and take my chances. Thumbs up from me.
    • exeterguy
    • By exeterguy 13th Feb 18, 11:36 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Terrible service from this company. Have been trying to switch from (helpful, well informed) Sainsbury's Energy since September and One Select has been totally hopeless. They told me the switch had gone through - which it hadn't. When I found out, they told me it was Sainsbury's fault. Sainsbury's never received a request to switch!
    The story goes on (and on) - they told me to start all over again and reapply, then told me they thought it wouldn't go through and it was Sainsbury's fault.
    Now I have the boredom of switching my electricity (that switch did go through) from stupid One Select, and start all over again with the gas.
    Hopeless, hopeless, hopeless - avoid.
    • _Kismet
    • By _Kismet 8th Mar 18, 12:38 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Awful. You should avoid. I'll be looking to leave as soon as things have settled. Perhaps the only redeeming feature is that there is no early termination charge.

The biggest issue I have with OneSelect is that they are terrible at communication.

Switched both gas and electricity to OneSelect last month. The switch seemed to complete OK, and they took their first direct debit.

No communication #1:
    They said that they would let me know when I would be able to create an online account. This is important because I want to be able to submit regular meter readings. Heard nothing back. Eventually, on my own initiative, I went ahead and tried to create an online account. It worked. So now I had my online account set up and I could see my all account and tarriff information. I query this, but no reply.

No communication #2, #3, #4, etc:
    I try submitting meter readings. The electricity reading submits fine but the website refuses to accept my gas meter reading. I get the messsage "There seems to be a problem with your meter read. Please try again later or contact our customer service team on 0333 2125973 or". I try submitting meter readings on several further occasions. Every time, I can submit the electricity meter reading but their system refuses to accept my gas reading. Each time I email them, and each time I got no reply.

So maybe I'm going to try phoning them next. Personally I prefer email so I don't waste time being put on hold.
    Last edited by _Kismet; 11-03-2018 at 1:17 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,744Posts Today

6,978Users online

Martin's Twitter