Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 17th May 17, 3:53 PM
    • 43Posts
    • 3Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier OneSelect
    • 17th May 17, 3:53 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier OneSelect 17th May 17 at 3:53 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

OneSelect

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 1
    • SnowMan
    • By SnowMan 19th May 17, 1:04 PM
    • 3,129 Posts
    • 5,795 Thanks
    SnowMan
    • 19th May 17, 1:04 PM
    • 19th May 17, 1:04 PM
    When you use the Cheap Energy Club and click on 'feedback and info' for the OneSelect 12 month tariff, it shows next to Discounts 'Discount per fuel'.

This needs to be amended to show what the amount of the discounts actually are. Without this it info it is fairly meaningess to quote the unit rate and standing rates, given the discount seems to be of the order of 10% of the cost of the tariff (at least in my case).

Working back from the numbers, I deduce there is a £60 discount included in the MSE quoted figures.

Looking at the OneSelect website and picking the quote option, I deduce this is a £30 per fuel duel fuel discount, so total discount £60 (= 2 x30) for someone with both gas and electricity.

Although Energy Helpline claim it is a £30pa per fuel loyalty bonus paid monthly.

Anyway whatever the discount is the discount info on the MSE cheap energy club needs to explicitly state £30 per fuel {insert type of discount e.g. duel fuel/loyalty} discount.
    Last edited by SnowMan; 19-05-2017 at 1:24 PM.
    I came, I saw, I melted
    • sebringmx
    • By sebringmx 31st May 17, 12:28 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sebringmx
    • 31st May 17, 12:28 PM
    Bonus is Exit Fee
    • 31st May 17, 12:28 PM
    There is a so called bonus that is a work around for an exit charge. You MUST stay for the FULL 12 months to get it. It is in the T&Cs:

9.8.1.1 SECURE plan

(a) The annual cashback will be credited to your

account after a continual twelve-month supply

period.

Customer TCs 29.03.17

(b) To qualify you must have paid us by Direct Debit

payment only for the previous twelve months of the

SECURE plan

(c) The discount/cashback is limited to domestic

customers with maximum gas usage of 20,000

kWh and 10,000 kWh electricity

(d) This plan cannot be used by commercial or

business customers

(e) This plan cannot be used in combination with any

other offers

(f) You can only use this plan at one address only

(g) If you terminate the contract within twelve months,

you will lose the rights to receive the annual

cashback

(h) If there are any outstanding payments due on your

account at the end of the 12 month period of the

SECURE plan, the cashback will not paid out

(i) If you failed to give the opening and closing meter

reading every quarter, you will lose the rights to

receive the annual cashback

(j) If we are of the reasonable opinion that, or we

detect that, you have (i) been fraudulent in

providing meter readings or (ii) tampered with a

meter at the property, in each case (i) and (ii) you

will lose the rights to receive the annual cashback

(k) You are required to pay for the SECURE plan two

months in advance when combined with the

discount or cashback plan.
    • mk1008
    • By mk1008 20th Jun 17, 10:26 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    mk1008
    • 20th Jun 17, 10:26 AM
    • 20th Jun 17, 10:26 AM
    At the moment OneSelect office hours is only Monday - Friday 8:30 -17:00.
    So you need to consider this if you want to contact them.
    They are very slow responding email, most of my email didn't get any reply.
    You only can rely on phone to contact them.
    • Huxpig
    • By Huxpig 5th Jul 17, 1:15 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Huxpig
    • 5th Jul 17, 1:15 PM
    One Select
    • 5th Jul 17, 1:15 PM
    Bonus is supposedly incorporated in tariff figures.
    Just in the process of switching.
    On-line portal not yet available to enter meter readings etc.
    Will wait and see how things pan out!
    • Mr K
    • By Mr K 6th Jul 17, 9:54 PM
    • 1,107 Posts
    • 659 Thanks
    Mr K
    • 6th Jul 17, 9:54 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 9:54 PM
    Bonus is supposedly incorporated in tariff figures.
    Just in the process of switching.
    On-line portal not yet available to enter meter readings etc.
    Will wait and see how things pan out!
    Originally posted by Huxpig
    Their only portal has been 'coming shortly' for a few months now. They need to get their act together soon or I'll be switching again.
    • jim100uk
    • By jim100uk 19th Jul 17, 5:13 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    jim100uk
    • 19th Jul 17, 5:13 PM
    Very Prompt Switch
    • 19th Jul 17, 5:13 PM
    Signed up with Oneselect on 29th June.

They wrote after the 2 week cooling off period (11 July) requesting meter readings and by 17th July the switch was complete. Straightforward process and their documentation (all via email) is short and to the point quoting all relevant details.
    No exit fees either if a compelling new offer comes along

A pain free 5* process

Next interaction will be when the first bill is produced.
    • ChukkleOdeon
    • By ChukkleOdeon 22nd Aug 17, 8:36 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    ChukkleOdeon
    • 22nd Aug 17, 8:36 AM
    • 22nd Aug 17, 8:36 AM
    Need to switch soon (by end of Sep) - has anyone got any further feedback or experiences to add for OneSelect? Thanks.
    • willow33
    • By willow33 13th Sep 17, 10:18 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    willow33
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:18 AM
    One Select slow
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:18 AM
    One Select have come up as my best potential 'switch-to' provider. So used the link to go to their site and the first screen asks for my postcode. Trouble is when I enter it nothing happens. So filled in an online form to tell them. Nothing. So have now emailed them to tell them - and suggest they fix it - and although I've got an automatic acknowledgement it does state that it may take several days to respond. Not too impressed so far as I'm passionate about getting good customer service. I'm also worried when I hear people saying they've still not got their online portal up and running. It's putting me off.

OK, so slight update.....due to the above have decided to go with my second-best recommended supplier, Avro. Everything works well on their website, they allow online readings and have current good reviews on MSE. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by willow33; 13-09-2017 at 10:31 AM.
    • Mr K
    • By Mr K 26th Sep 17, 2:20 PM
    • 1,107 Posts
    • 659 Thanks
    Mr K

OK, so slight update.....due to the above have decided to go with my second-best recommended supplier, Avro. Everything works well on their website, they allow online readings and have current good reviews on MSE. Fingers crossed.
    Originally posted by willow33
    Very wise, i manage my sons account on Avro and it works fine.

However OneSelects online account system doesn't exist, despite them giving the message its 'down for maintenance' - been the same since i joined 4 months ago !
    • JoannaBnax
    • By JoannaBnax 3rd Oct 17, 12:22 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JoannaBnax
    I completed everything to switch to them at the beginning of September, I received a reference number and email saying I would receive a welcome pack. On contacting my current supplier about another matter a couple of weeks later I asked if they had any information on my switch, they told me nobody had contacted them which was unusual as it usually takes around 2 weeks.

I spoke to Oneselect, it sounded like one person working from home, they didn't have any trace of me and said they would ring me back. They did call back and eventually 'somewhere' found my details but said there had been some kind of error on the online system which meant the switch wasn't being processed. They suggested I reapply. I smelt a rat and decided to go elsewhere.
    • Fred Kent
    • By Fred Kent 3rd Oct 17, 7:41 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Fred Kent
    Just proves the old addage "If it sounds too good to be true it is!!" DONT GO THERE!!
    I started the process in mid August and hearing nothing by 4th September followed up. Was advised the welcome pack had been sent but as we'd had not received it another would be. We should have got the message then!!!! However, despite my better judgement we did the necessary to proceed (cancelling the request sent earlier that day that we would not be proceeding, and had an acknowledgement on 7th September that an account had been set up and then.......silence!!
    We followed up again (and again and again) until finally we were asked to give meter readings for a second time followed by an acknowledgement again that our account had been set up and then....silence!!
    We don't check our bank account on line every day or even every week so it was with shock on 27th September that we discovered that two initial payments had been taken ie one on 11th September and one on 26th September (with one to our then current provider in between).
    Needless to say on the phone again (our 10th call during the process!!) to ask what was going on only to be told that they had only taken one payment.....!!! Damien did say I should contact Diane which I did. Diane confirmed verbally and even "verbally" apologised, however, for safety's sake we decided to email as well for confirmation. The response was that the money would be refunded (and has now been I admit) and that none of this was the fault of OneSelect.
    The attitude in this email made me realise that I truly had made a mistake but the cooling off period had ended. I worded a strong email back to OneSelect advising how it could possibly be our fault and that we had responded promptly to, by now, 3 requests for meter readings, had two payments taken, had had two account numbers allocated and had been given three different switch dates and asking that this be escalated. This was 48 hours ago and nothing heard.
    I yesterday commenced a further switch out of desperation. The ONLY good point with OneSelect is that there are no exit fees.
    • Mr K
    • By Mr K 5th Oct 17, 8:57 PM
    • 1,107 Posts
    • 659 Thanks
    Mr K
    One Select did eventually manage to produce a bill for me after 4 months and much prompting, however, too little, too late. There's still no sign of their online portal. Switch has been initiated to Iresa, their online portal was up and running for me immediately, and they're 10% cheaper. Agree with above poster, best thing about One select, is no exit fee, you'll be glad of it !
    • Singerjulie
    • By Singerjulie 6th Oct 17, 1:11 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Singerjulie
    I switched easily on dual fuel, but my first electricity meter reading failed to show on my account and they estimated it instead, despite the fact that I have an email stating that they had received my readings, and several gas and electric readings have failed to show since. I've contacted Iresa about 12 times since April via their online ticketing portal, and each time my messages have been ignored, then marked as 'resolved' without any contact or resolution. I tweeted them today and finally got a response, simply to tell me that my latest reading had not been validated (although no explanation why) and that my complaints had been passed onto their complaints department. I'm doubtful I'll hear any more. Avoid this company. It has taken me 6 months to get (an unsatisfactory) response from them.
    • Singerjulie
    • By Singerjulie 6th Oct 17, 1:14 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Singerjulie
    My review was supposed to be on the Iresa feed...
    • molerat
    • By molerat 6th Oct 17, 4:31 PM
    • 17,326 Posts
    • 11,517 Thanks
    molerat
    My review was supposed to be on the Iresa feed...
    Originally posted by Singerjulie
    You can delete posts, edit - delete.
    Last edited by molerat; 06-10-2017 at 4:34 PM.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    • By nxdmsandkaskdjaqd 10th Oct 17, 1:08 PM
    • 474 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    It is in the T&Cs:

9.8.1.1 SECURE plan
    (c) The discount/cashback is limited to domestic customers with maximum gas usage of 20,000 kWh and 10,000 kWh electricity
    Originally posted by sebringmx
    Oneselect offer a discount of £30 per fuel on their Secure Plan. The T&C's above state that the is only for customers with maximum gas usage of 20,000 kWh and 10,000 kWh electricity.

My annual consumption of Gas could be inexcess of 20,000. If this was the case, would I still be entitlied the £30 for the electicity?
    • kithoughton
    • By kithoughton 11th Oct 17, 12:04 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kithoughton
    No Online account
    Joined Oneselect in July and still have no online account so cannot see bills,energy usage or anything. Tried the phone line which did eventually connect. They were unhelpful to the point of rudeness. Emailed and got reply to say technical problems and no online accounts until at least mid-October. Very unsatisfactory
    • Atlanticboy
    • By Atlanticboy 23rd Oct 17, 11:49 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Atlanticboy
    Smooth change over
    Switch over commenced on the 25/09/2017 and completed on the 15/10/2017. No problems encountered, the only thing I noticed is that the OneSelect system for communication is primarily email or phone with 'online meter readings to come' option. This is not a big deal for me as long as their email system does not get bunged up or hacked.
    My previous supplier was British Gas (through CEC) and had no problems with them however One Select was cheaper. I did get a call from BG asking if I would stay with them if they gave me a cheaper quote, but for me this offer was too late as I had virtually completed the switch over and didn't want to confuse things.
    • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    • By nxdmsandkaskdjaqd 23rd Oct 17, 12:21 PM
    • 474 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    I too switched to OneSelect when the BG Collective deal ended. The transfer was completed within 3 weeks and I have found them responsive to emails.

So far happy.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,443Posts Today

8,344Users online

Martin's Twitter