Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Spike34
    • By Spike34 17th May 17, 3:25 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Spike34
    Paypal is So Bad
    • 17th May 17, 3:25 PM
    Paypal is So Bad 17th May 17 at 3:25 PM
    So 2 months ago I sold a Iphone on ebay which stated it had problems. A few days after the sale the customer opened a ebay return case about the phone saying it was faulty. I explained that I stated it had a slight fault in the description but I would accept the return anyway. Then a few days later they closed the case me Thinking nothing of it. 2 months later they open a paypal case saying its not as described. This time I fought the case saying its odd how they close a case and open a new one 2 months later so I got paypal to step in big mistake! Paypal jumped straight to the buyers side agreeing with them even though I had proof of everything. So I get the phone back and find out its be Icloud locked by the buyer I told paypal before they sent the refund but still sent it anyway. I have tried contacting buyer loads of times but no luck as now they have there refund. I have contacted paypal they said I can appeal the case but when I try it only gives you two options I have a tracking number or you have already sent a refund. So at the end buyer has a refund after using the phone for 2 months sent me back as Icloud locked so I can't even resale the phone and a negative balance on my paypal account. I also have proof the phone was not Icloud locked on the time of sale.
Page 1
    • Pun
    • By Pun 30th May 17, 6:25 PM
    • 439 Posts
    • 459 Thanks
    Pun
    • 30th May 17, 6:25 PM
    • 30th May 17, 6:25 PM
    Seems to be identical to the vent you posted on another MSE forum...
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 30th May 17, 6:43 PM
    • 10,464 Posts
    • 7,039 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 30th May 17, 6:43 PM
    • 30th May 17, 6:43 PM
    Seems to be identical to the vent you posted on another MSE forum...
    Originally posted by Pun
    But the other was a vent!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5651286

Hi all I'm not really looking for help just need to vent on how bad Paypal is towards the sellers.

So 2 months ago I sold a Iphone on ebay which stated it had problems. A few days after the sale the customer opened a ebay return case about the phone saying it was faulty. I explained that I stated it had a slight fault in the description but I would accept the return anyway. Then a few days later they closed the case me Thinking nothing of it. 2 months later they open a paypal case saying its not as described. This time I fought the case saying its odd how they close a case and open a new one 2 months later so I got paypal to step in big mistake! Paypal jumped straight to the buyers side agreeing with them even though I had proof of everything. So I get the phone back and find out its be Icloud locked by the buyer I told paypal before they sent the refund but still sent it anyway. I have tried contacting buyer loads of times but no luck as now they have there refund. I have contacted paypal they said I can appeal the case but when I try it only gives you two options I have a tracking number or you have already sent a refund. So at the end buyer has a refund after using the phone for 2 months sent me back as Icloud locked so I can't even resale the phone and a negative balance on my paypal account. I also have proof the phone was not Icloud locked on the time of sale.
    Originally posted by Spike34
    OP, if you have no option to appeal on Paypal, perhaps ring them and explain they are much more understanding than Ebay.

As you have the name and address of the buyer, I suggest you send them an LBA (letter before action). See what happens from there.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,144Posts Today

7,164Users online

Martin's Twitter