Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • m-holland
    • By m-holland 17th May 17, 3:11 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    m-holland
    Sky/BPO Debt - Added fee confusion
    • 17th May 17, 3:11 PM
    Sky/BPO Debt - Added fee confusion 17th May 17 at 3:11 PM
    Hi folks,

hoping you good people can help me with something.

I have a debt to Sky for roughly £130. I am not denying that I owe this amount first of all.

Sky have BPO "acting on their clients behalf".

I setup a repayment plan with BPO to repay this.

However, after setting up this repayment plan, BPO have added £64 to my outstanding balance. They did not tell me about this, I only noticed it when I logged in online to check my balance. I have attempted to query this with them but they never replied.

Does anyone have any idea what my next step should be?

Thanks

(re-posting this because I originally posted to the wrong board)
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 17th May 17, 4:01 PM
    • 10,930 Posts
    • 10,590 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 17th May 17, 4:01 PM
    • 17th May 17, 4:01 PM
    Hi,

Send provit letter to them, also request breakdown of charges, don't pay them till they respond to you.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2607247
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • m-holland
    • By m-holland 17th May 17, 5:52 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    m-holland
    • 17th May 17, 5:52 PM
    • 17th May 17, 5:52 PM
    Hi sourcrates,

would that letter work in this case, as I have been making £2pw repayments to BPO?

Thanks
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 17th May 17, 8:18 PM
    • 791 Posts
    • 491 Thanks
    nic_c
    • 17th May 17, 8:18 PM
    • 17th May 17, 8:18 PM
    If you have been paying then you have acknowledged the debt, so not sure a prove-it letter will do,
    Are you sure that the charges were not specified, since maybe that is what you need to dispute. Ask for a breakdown and when they were added.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 17th May 17, 8:44 PM
    • 10,930 Posts
    • 10,590 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 17th May 17, 8:44 PM
    • 17th May 17, 8:44 PM
    Hi sourcrates,

would that letter work in this case, as I have been making £2pw repayments to BPO?

Thanks
    Originally posted by m-holland
    Adapt the letter so that it requests details of any charges they may of added, cease payments till they respond.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • m-holland
    • By m-holland 17th May 17, 10:53 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    m-holland
    • 17th May 17, 10:53 PM
    • 17th May 17, 10:53 PM
    Thanks,

I've adapted the letter and will send it off tomorrow.

Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,757Posts Today

9,210Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • You're right, of course. How silly of me. After all, all my work is solely focused on my own personal circumstance? https://t.co/m6DHzFUjzg

• RT @ARJMOR: @MartinSLewis It may well be kind of random, but the algorithm used has a bias to the unpopular seats.

• It seems what Ryanair is saying is "don't pay and we leave you the seats we don't think people want and they're in the middle."

• Follow Martin