Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cattie
    • By cattie 17th May 17, 2:47 PM
    • 7,694Posts
    • 5,208Thanks
    cattie
    Problems with NS&I Site
    • 17th May 17, 2:47 PM
    Problems with NS&I Site 17th May 17 at 2:47 PM
    I've spent what seems like hours trying to log onto the NS&I site to put some money into a bond. I keep hitting a problem once I log in. A page relating to premium bonds comes up (I do hold some) & asks do I want to continue receiving paper statements. If I click yes, the page just stays as is even when clicking the continue button, if I click no then the page moves further down for me to enter my bank details. However clicking the continue button again does nothing & we stay on that page.

I've been onto NS&I who've been no help & just say try again later as they're not aware of internet problems. No matter how I try I just can't get beyond this page. It's driving me mad & I've tried clearing cookies, using a different browser & restating computer all to no avail.

I just wondered if anybody here might have an idea of what the issue is as I've wasted so much time trying to access the required bonds page.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 17th May 17, 7:34 PM
    • 17,408 Posts
    • 13,064 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 17th May 17, 7:34 PM
    • 17th May 17, 7:34 PM
    It's fine for me. The layout does seem to have changed since I last logged on, but I don't appear to be getting the pages you are - no premium bond page unless I ask for it and no question about paper statements. It sounds to me more like there is a problem with your account than it being an internet access issue, so I would suggest that if NS&I aren't being helpful you should make a formal complaint.
    • DavidP24
    • By DavidP24 19th May 17, 2:12 PM
    • 1,448 Posts
    • 862 Thanks
    DavidP24
    • 19th May 17, 2:12 PM
    • 19th May 17, 2:12 PM
    Something is telling you that there is a better investment out there for you.

Try Vanguard, they just came to the UK, they manage over 3 trillion, mostly through mutual funds that just track the majors.

Google John Bogle to get background.
    Thanks, don't you just hate people with sigs !
    • John Gray
    • By John Gray 19th May 17, 2:35 PM
    • 4,923 Posts
    • 2,562 Thanks
    John Gray
    • 19th May 17, 2:35 PM
    • 19th May 17, 2:35 PM
    Since DavidP24 is attempting a switch sell, I'm surprised that hasn't also suggested that you should install Linux, and replace your Marmite with Vegemite...
    • DavidP24
    • By DavidP24 19th May 17, 2:46 PM
    • 1,448 Posts
    • 862 Thanks
    DavidP24
    • 19th May 17, 2:46 PM
    • 19th May 17, 2:46 PM
    Not really, just being honest and besides I prefer Bovril (less salt).
    Thanks, don't you just hate people with sigs !
    • Linton
    • By Linton 19th May 17, 4:00 PM
    • 7,645 Posts
    • 7,417 Thanks
    Linton
    • 19th May 17, 4:00 PM
    • 19th May 17, 4:00 PM
    Have you tried clearing the cache as well as cookies? One can sometimes get a corrupted web page stuck in the cache which gets downloaded every time you try to access the correct version..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

1,207Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin