Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wiefil
    • By Wiefil 17th May 17, 2:41 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Wiefil
    Parking ticket wedding day
    • 17th May 17, 2:41 PM
    Parking ticket wedding day 17th May 17 at 2:41 PM
    Hi,

Me and my wife got married at the local registry office at the council. The man who was sorting our marriage assured us that we could park in the car park free of charge.
    As me and my wife got back to the car after getting married the traffic warden was in the middle of giving us a ticket, which she was mortified at what she had done to which we said very little as we could tell.
    She was helpful and said she would put it in her notes.

Long story short the ticket came through, we have contested it and it has now been refused as we have been told we should be aware of the pay and display we were in the wrong. They rang up the council who have said that they do not provide free parking to the registry office.

I feel like it is unfair to be paying the fine as we were told otherwise about parking in it.

I want to take it to the next step but am I just clutching at straws?

Best regards

James
Page 1
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 17th May 17, 2:55 PM
    • 7,377 Posts
    • 6,422 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 17th May 17, 2:55 PM
    • 17th May 17, 2:55 PM
    I feel like it is unfair to be paying the fine as we were told otherwise about parking in it.

Nor sure that I would agree with you, why not take it to the adjudicator.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 17th May 17, 2:59 PM
    • 40,464 Posts
    • 80,850 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 17th May 17, 2:59 PM
    • 17th May 17, 2:59 PM
    You would be better off posting this on pepipoo.com as they are the council parking exerts. Read the FAQs and post both sides of your redacted PCNs and anything else useful.
    You will need an email address to register on pepipoo but Hotmail accounts don't work for some reason.

Also, contact the person who told you that you can park for free and get something in writing to this effect.

One other thing, congratulations!
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,290Posts Today

8,102Users online

Martin's Twitter